Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov vs Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson : Who gets it done and how?

Khabib vs El Cucuy - Who wins, and how?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
THE biggest lightweight match-up in years, between the two very best in the division.

Now that the fight is official, let's break it down, and discuss who takes this, and in what fashion?

On the surface, Khabib would appear to be a favorite here. 25 - 0, never lost a single round in any of his UFC fights (The Tibau controversy aside). Just a smothering, relentless pressure fighter, with savage GnP and top control. Wicked trips and throws.

giphy.gif

ZybPe4Y.gif

zMfbTZU.gif

4474018_o.gif

Then we have Ferguson, who is on the longest LW win streak out there. He appears to be evolving his ground game, with aggressive attacking off of his back, with nasty elbows and numerous subs. Wild in the clinches with elbows and snap-downs into dangerous chokes. A wild, yet diverse arsenal of stand-up striking.

2940297.jpg

fergason-darce.gif

tumblr_og86h5qTIc1u2ragso1_500.gif

tumblr_nb7o0eJoPs1tcfs15o1_400.gif

I feel that this fight is going to be closer and more competitive than a lot of folks are thinking.

I do think that Khabib is likely going to come out on fire, and probably control the fight for the first two rounds. Takedowns and top control. Probably a good deal of nasty GnP.

HOWEVER - I think that Tony will be busier off his back, in constant scrambles, and throwing elbows and punches. I think he will make Khabib work a little harder to maintain position, and also keep him slightly more honest by threatening off his back than we're (or Khabib) is used to.

After the initial early dominance, I feel Nurmagomedov will begin to tire a slight bit, and this is where I think things may get interesting. Around the mid-point of the fight, Tony is able to now start scrambling back to his feet, and begin to consistently land some of his wild strikes - leg and body kicks, jabs and straight right hands, etc...

By round 4, there is a shift in momentum, and Tonys cardio now starts to become the difference. He is able to shrug off the TD attempts, and is now making Khabib pay, even in the clinches, with knees and elbows. He starts to take control of this fight with striking volume, and bust The Eagle up.

By round 5, the fight is now in El Cucuys favor. He is out-landing Khabib heavily on the feet, at range. Has Khabib noticeably flustered and busted up. Possible 10 - 8 round.

The bell rings....Tony wins a close overall, but clear UD and becomes the official UFC lightweight champion.

Okay, let's hear it - Who do you think takes this EPIC fight, and how do they get it done?

Amazing fight. I think cardio will be the main factor. I haven't seen Khabib go for all 5 rounds. I think Khabib will get the better of Tony on the ground first but if he tires, Tony will take over.

With all respect to tony I got the eagle.

Khabib pulls out 2 weeks before fight. Vick steps on on short notice and puts Ferg to sleep

kabibi is gonna smesh weird tony easily. yall about to be shocked

Ferg takes it.

Best LW on the planet and there will be no doubt after April 7th.

Last edited:
Tony ferguson by more tools. Better cardio, and having no fear of Khabib

Khabib is going to show up and make it known and solidify himself as a future GOAT...

It will be a war for a fiew rounds, but before the end of the 3rd Khabib will have stopped Tony with absolutely disgusting ground and pound. He will show vicious elbows and cut Tony to hell.

This is one of the best fights in MMA history

Tony knocks Khabib out with an upkick

Really no clue who will win and/or how, but I decided to randomize the choices and landed on Khabib by submission (I guess 2nd-3rd rnd?).

Again, no clue and no real guesses...but hoping for an epic fight for this epic match-up!!

How long must I wait,
It's the dawn of the feeling,
That starts from the moment you're there!

I think it gonna be Khabib by UD.

Gonna be a good one though.

Khabib's ground and pounding as usual until the end, win by decision.

Khabib dominant decision win.

Tony will start weak and Khabib will take him down asap and beat on him until Tony gets going around the second round but eventually Khabib takes over from the 3rd onward and gets the dec, no one will finish anyone and they will both look like hell maybe some cuts and a lot of marks on them.. it will be war on the ground and both will get mad respect from the fans and each other.

Back