Khabib says only DC beats Curtis Blaydes, but...

Parang

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What about Cain? Is there some beef between Khabib and Cain? Probably not. I think Khabib knows something we dont. I think either Cain isn't coming back, or theres something to the rumor that Cain comes back at LHW. Or Khabib misspoke. Which is more likely?

Everyone considers Cain's career dieded.

I think Stipe beats him fairly easily, not impressed at all with Blaydes standing.

I think Stipe beats him fairly easily, not impressed at all with Blaydes standing.
Stipe's takedown defense is untested by an elite wrestler in the UFC. He got taken down by Gonzaga, who's never been the best at getting guys down.

Stipe's takedown defense is untested by an elite wrestler in the UFC. He got taken down by Gonzaga, who's never been the best at getting guys down.

I'm sure Stipe could stand right back up from anything Curtis Blaydes' does. Stipe was a GREAT college wrestler and it's unfortunate he decided against finishing out his college wrestling career the guys he was beating became all americans and he most likely would've too. Blaydes has good takedowns but we need to see him against a good folkstyle wrestler like stipe. Stipe should DEF be the favorite in that fight too

Ngannou stuffed Blaydes for the most part who IMHO is too dependant on timing power shots to really pressure consistently, especially against someone like Stipe I'd say.

Blaydes has been getting relatively easy pickings at HW in terms of wrestling IMHO with Hunt and an old non Uber Reem.

I'm sure Stipe could stand right back up from anything Curtis Blaydes' does. Stipe was a GREAT college wrestler and it's unfortunate he decided against finishing out his college wrestling career the guys he was beating became all americans and he most likely would've too. Blaydes has good takedowns but we need to see him against a good folkstyle wrestler like stipe. Stipe should DEF be the favorite in that fight too
Ngannou stuffed Blaydes for the most part who IMHO is too dependant on timing power shots to really pressure consistently, especially against someone with good timing standing like Stipe.

Blaydes has been getting relatively easy pickings at HW in terms of wrestling IMHO with Hunt and an old non Uber Reem.
Amateur wrestling credentials don't mean a lot. Hendo is more accomplished than 99% of wrestlers in MMA history and still had mediocre takedown defense.

What about Cain? Is there some beef between Khabib and Cain? Probably not. I think Khabib knows something we dont. I think either Cain isn't coming back, or theres something to the rumor that Cain comes back at LHW. Or Khabib misspoke. Which is more likely?
The last time Cain fought was at UFC 200, that was 2 years ago...we just had 225
Why would Cain be on anyone's mind? He's as good as retired

Maybe we should see if DC can beat Stipe first. Of course Khabib would say that just because their teammates.

Ngannou stuffed Blaydes for the most part who IMHO is too dependant on timing power shots to really pressure consistently, especially against someone like Stipe I'd say.

I don't completely dismiss that fight but its worth noting that was his UFC debut on short notice and the doctor wouldn't let him fight the last round.Cutis was game to still fight and looked better in the second round. Easy pickings my ass, taking down Overeem repeadetly is not an easy thing to do, Stipe and Cain are probably the only other HW that can can do it.

I think Blaydes is legit. Don’t know if he beats Stipe, but, he certainly has a solid skill-set to do so. He’s young as well so there’s plenty of time for him to get even better honestly.

Maybe he just forgot about him? Since Cain fought 3 times in the last 5 years.

Maybe Khabib believes Blades beats Cain? Also it's most likely that Khabib and Cain aren't as close as Khabib and DC. Khabib and Cain seem to be pretty serious and similar thus might no open up to one another as much. DC likes clowning around and probably is a social butterfly.

I don't completely dismiss that fight but its worth noting that was his UFC debut on short notice and the doctor wouldn't let him fight the last round.Cutis was game to still fight and looked better in the second round. Easy pickings my ass, taking down Overeem repeadetly is not an easy thing to do, Stipe and Cain are probably the only other HW that can can do it.

Reem hasn't actually been tested much at all wrestling wise in recent years, he shut down Brock but he was carrying about 30lbs more muscle then in his prime and with a game based around the clinch, Reem at Jacksons has always looked to strike at range.

The way Stipe got him down and KOed him was really not very impressive.

Hunt, nuff said really, was never that great in takedown defence and doesn't have the cardio anymore to get around it, was clearly hand picked for Blaydes.

Maybe Khabib believes Blades beats Cain? Also it's most likely that Khabib and Cain aren't as close as Khabib and DC. Khabib and Cain seem to be pretty serious and similar thus might no open up to one another as much. DC likes clowning around and probably is a social butterfly.
This is mostly what I was getting at. No way Khabib "forgot" about Cain, either Khabib picks Blaydes to beat him, or Khabib knows that Cain won't fight heavyweight

Back