Khabib Nurmagomedov has one top 15 win

He just got by Tibau
Healy threatened him through the whole fight
The RDA fight wasnt that dominant a win
I could unpack the above further but......
He did improve significantly between fights
I also really like Kabir and hope he fights soon and frequently

Khabib also got out wrestle by a top 50 fighter and everyone is like how he has the best wrestling of the sport.

Most overrated fighter ever.

rewrite_history.png

He's been injured for most that time. And beating RDA like he did is pretty much like beating 3 top 10 guys

Agreed, that was impressive. 2 years ago. Hats off to Luke for subbing Bisping in 2014. We know how relevant that win was back in June.

yes
this has been talked about 1000000's of time now.
we get it, khabib do not deserve a title shot.

I still think hed probably win against most though LW

Inshallah, he will become champ before the end of the year.

RDA was dominating everyone and then Khabib came in and wrecked him, RDA went on to dominate even more top guys in an extremely impressive streak (Henderson, Diaz, Pettis, Cerrone). That one win was enough to convince me Khabib was a top level guy.

And it was after that loss to Khabib he started to adopt that grill & drive style Brazilian style, and he went on a tear until Eddie finally stepped up.

Khabib is real even being out for 2.5yrs but I would like to see him square off with a real LW not the Postman or whatever that shoe salesman was he just fought...

I agree. I highlighted this exact point yesterday in a thread.

Khabib collected wins in a D league. Has fought a FW that is ranked #20, 2 journeymen LW's that around the 15-20 ranking, and a RDA before he pulled his finger out.

He is ridiculously overrated. No different to Barao and Almeida (collecting them stats)

So what. He's 23-0 (7-0 UFC). Give him a fucking title shot already!

That's actually a really stupid way of thinking.

Not really considering the UFC gives fighters title shots all the time for even less. Hendo is getting a title shot for beating Hector fucking Lombard, Brock Lesnar got a title shot for beating Heath Herring

Back