Khabib has 2 maybe 3 impressive wins

While I believe there's definitely several interesting matchups available for him still (alvarez, ferguson if that shit ain't cursed, Lee, mcgregor, poirier), there's no denying that khabib has been undeniable in his career. Dude's never lost a round, and is 26-0. That's a pretty big fuckin' deal. He's the legit champion in my eyes. However, I also think that with his single-minded style he'll find his kryptonite sooner rather than later. Every fighter who relied exclusively on a single aspect of mma, regardless of how good they were at it, has done the same. Maia, Machida, Ngannou, etc.

I’m not say Khabib isn’t good, I’m saying he’s not Gods gift to MMA like so many people are acting

I’m not say Khabib isn’t good, I’m saying he’s not Gods gift to MMA like so many people are acting
I'm not necessarily disagreeing, he definitely needs to be tested more. Preferably against high level wrestlers, but for whatever reason LW is a little low on those at the moment. However shitting on everybody he's fought to prove your point makes you sound like a troll.

Ok so I guessed at the number instead of looking at fight finder. Point being you can have a padded resUme
Yeah I agree and there's more than one way to pad your record too. Taking big name fighters when they're out of their prime is another way you can pad your record. In Khabib's case he's ducked so frequently that it's not a case of a padded record though, it's more a case of he's beaten those willing to step in there with him.

If he retired today, he already has a legendary god-tier resume.

No, no he doesn't at all. He has had a very easy road so far in the UFC, some of that is his fault, some isn't. But, he doesn't have anywhere close to a god tier resume.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, he definitely needs to be tested more. Preferably against high level wrestlers, but for whatever reason LW is a little low on those at the moment. However shitting on everybody he's fought to prove your point makes you sound like a troll.

Fair enough...I’m just trying to say I’d like to see him tested more b4 I jump on the bandwagon...maybe I did troll a bit lol

They're not, the basement dwellers will latch onto anything or anyone that has any chance as small as it may be of beating McGregor, the fact that they delude themselves into thinking Kalabeeb is a legitimate champion having stumbled over the line against a fighter ranked outside the top ten just goes to show you how far their delusion goes, it boggles the mind then again never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
People have been calling for a Khabib title shot since Anthony Pettis held the title.

But that doesn’t matter or anything, keep mumbling about Conor.

Percentages mean nothing. He didn’t fight good wrestlers. I can view his defensive techniques and see that they are terrible. Barboza gets taken down all day by any decent wrestler....and his teammates don’t count as credible sources. They are supposed to talk good about each other

Gilbert Melendez.....not a good wrestler.
Got it.

You should probably rethink a great many things. Namely everything you've said in your horrible thread.

HW was a joke then you know that....46 year old Couture beat sylvia

The record was just beaten by the current champion. Cain, Brock, Randy, Arlovski, Werdum and many others failed in their attempts.

Scorecard was 30-27 Khabib by all three judges.

Keep living in your fantasy world where Khabib isn't the most insane LW in the history of MMA.
For someone who's been around as long as you have, I'd expect you to have a better sense of history. Khabib is so far away from that status it's not even funny. Hell I'd take Tony Ferguson's resume over his right now. Both paper champs with 0 defenses, and yes Tony has three losses, but his wins have been much, much more impressive. Either way, neither one holds a candle to what BJ and Gomi accomplished in their heyday. And don't give me that "Oh, MMA has changed, they would get smashed today" nonsense. Both were simply on another level compared to their competition and much more well-rounded (and exciting) fighters than Khabib. He's nowhere near their level yet.

Neh, bro, he has a ton of impressive wins. Don't buy in to the rankings too much. What is impressive is that he takes world class fighters, ranked or not, and makes them look like chumps. Heck, Horcher put up just as much as a fight as MJ - rankings dont really mean anything.

How often does Barboza get taken down?

Edit: I just checked Fightmetric and he was taken down 2 times in his last 12 UFC fights.

Against Eddie Alvarez who is better than Khabibs LW opponents

Conor also Koed Aldo....far greater achievement than anything Khabib has done
Well if that is the case - why wouldn't he fight Khabib? Hmmmmm? Why? You know why and so do I. Conor has a little yellow streak!

So far he’s still undefeated including 10 UFC fights. He can only fight the guys that don’t duck him. The fact so many have ducked him should tell a person something. Don’t you think ?

Now that he has the belt he won’t be ducked though. So maybe you’ll get to see ten more UFC fights to decide if he’s any good. He has a chin though. Striking isn’t his forte. Top control on the ground is his thing. He seems pretty fucking good at it. But what do I know.

All I can do is ask sane questions. And give educated answers.

duck him ?
the guy got injured non stop for years then missed weight... was he ducking ?

if i was a pro, i wouldnt wanna waste 6 months training for a guy whoa 70/30 whether he makes it or not.

Yeah most of those 26 are cans....

Tim Sylvia was 28-1 at one point....enough said
there is a significant difference between having a winning streak in the most stacked weight class and having one in the least, and none of these fighters are or were cans anyway.

Bagov
Shamhalaev
Shalorus
Tibau
Tavares*
Trujillo
Healy
dos Anjos
Horcher
Johnson
Barboza
Iaquinta

* I think an argument can be made for Tavares being a can of sorts

Tibau - Good fighter and very strong, most people fought he beat Khabib.

Tavares - Semi Can, no heart. Just wilts when it gets tough.

Trujillo - Weak choke defense, but he has good hands and experienced.

Healy - Warrior, very tough guy and not an easy win for anyone.

RDA - Top elite fighter, can be champion and LW or WW, this is a great win for Khabib and its his best win without doubt. RDA is extremely good.

Johnson - Johnson is very overrated, he loses most of the time, he has fast hands, but he has a losing record in UFC.

Barboza - Very good fighter, one of the best strikers in UFC LW, he has great kicks and good hands too. Top win.

Iaquinta - Great win, Iaquinta is very underrated and he would beat lot of the guys in LW. This was a very good win for Khabib.

I don't really know his opponents before he was in UFC so I won't comment on them. But Khabib has several good wins like Barboza, Iaquinta, RDA. And other guys like Healy are not easy to beat

Back