Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson Is Still The Real UFC Lightweight Champion

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“100-percent. It’s undeniable. Even if they did take the belt away from him, the man’s the champ,” Lee said about Ferguson when speaking to MMAWeekly. “I give credit where credit is due. Right now, that’s where it is. I think especially after you see that fight cause Tony would give it to Khabib. I give credit where credit is due and I know who is the man to chase.

“Khabib, if I’ve got to go through him to get to Tony, yeah. We’ll see how the whole thing shakes out.”

“I think the man to beat is still Tony Ferguson. You’ve got to put him at No. 1,” Lee said. “They’re going to have Conor [McGregor] fight Khabib for an imaginary title and then Tony’s going to come back and I don’t know who he’s going to fight. It’s a lot of confusion being added right now.

“I take full responsibility for that not showing up healthy against Tony last October. That confused people even more. We’re going to see how things shake out.”

https://www.mmaweekly.com/kevin-lee-tony-ferguson-is-still-the-real-ufc-lightweight-champion

<JagsKiddingMe>
No Kevin, wtf. He’s like the number 3 champ by far.

Shaq-Trips-and-Falls-NBA-on-TNT.gif

Obviously Kevin is saying that because he was beating up Tony in round 1 and eventually lost

Obviously Tony could give Khabib some problems also

That's some deep shit. The actual champ (Conor), who's the last person to beat the champ for the title, isn't the champ, and the champ (Khabib), who beat some random contender to become champ, isn't the champ either, but Tony (who beat some random contender to become interim) is the champ?

lee is full of shit. all he worries about is trying to bury khabib in his interviews.

it's either Khabib or Tony

but don't you worry Kevin
you're nowhere close

That's some deep shit. The actual champ (Conor), who's the last person to beat the champ for the title, isn't the champ, and the champ (Khabib), who beat some random contender to become champ, isn't the champ either, but Tony (who beat some random contender to become interim) is the champ?
Champception???

“100-percent. It’s undeniable. Even if they did take the belt away from him, the man’s the champ,” Lee said about Ferguson when speaking to MMAWeekly. “I give credit where credit is due. Right now, that’s where it is. I think especially after you see that fight cause Tony would give it to Khabib. I give credit where credit is due and I know who is the man to chase.

“Khabib, if I’ve got to go through him to get to Tony, yeah. We’ll see how the whole thing shakes out.”

“I think the man to beat is still Tony Ferguson. You’ve got to put him at No. 1,” Lee said. “They’re going to have Conor [McGregor] fight Khabib for an imaginary title and then Tony’s going to come back and I don’t know who he’s going to fight. It’s a lot of confusion being added right now.

“I take full responsibility for that not showing up healthy against Tony last October. That confused people even more. We’re going to see how things shake out.”

https://www.mmaweekly.com/kevin-lee-tony-ferguson-is-still-the-real-ufc-lightweight-champion
Ohh Kevin4E63B5E3-5315-433B-B6B4-6569F991D4E4.jpeg
Then wait 1 year until Tony Po comes back...

Lol...

Kevin's a great fighter... close to challenging khabib.

He lost staph or not.

That said, good stuff from Motown angle.

Obviously Kevin is saying that because he was beating up Tony in round 1 and eventually lost

Obviously Tony could give Khabib some problems also

RDA and Lando also were beating up Tony in round 1.

Lossing the first round is Tony signature move.

<CroCop1>

Kevin Lee is so damn overrated here its laughable. Yea he mounted Tony and was beating him up so? Lando was making tony his bitch for 2 rounds , so was RDA , so were majority of fighters who have faced Tony. Tony always gets beat up in the initial round its not new. This fool is among the new breed of fighters who depend on their mouth to get the TS ( which sadly works these days)

There is no "real" champ at LW. Just a bunch of top contenders.

I like Lee but hes wrong here.

Only thing though I can see him doing with this interview is trying to fire up Khabib for a fight, he’s a hell of a lot smarter than people realize.

I’d like to see him earn his fight back up though.

Kevin Lee is annoying... if he loses to Barboza, feed him to Eddie.

Back