Kevin Lee releases statement following UFC Atlantic City weight miss

You had all the time from when you signed on the dotted line.

I dont like this guy.

But, y'all need to understand that weightcuts arent easy, and they arent predictable.

You could have one camp that you vut weight well, but then another you dont, it really doesnt just fall off like you'd think.

Also not to mention that it wears on your body doing this

I hope he gets beats, but I am not going to shit on the guy over 1 pound

You're right, but if you lose a fight to the scale how can you be considered an elite contender in the weight class?

These guys know when they have to weigh in, it's not a pop quiz. It means they are too big or there's something wrong with them. Either way they shouldn't be fighting at that weight and it's a breach of contract. There should be MUCH stiffer penalties it's the only way that this stuff is gonna stop happening.

LOL at him saying just few days ago that he doesn't need a nutritionist. Yeah buddy, you need him.

How can it be his first time when he missed weight against Tony too...

What a fat slob. Landwhale needs to stop stuffing his face.

Less time talking shit and more time sweating.

Hope Barboza sends him to the back of the queue.

In his interview with fox after weigh in, he called it a "miscalculation". Once again deflecting responsibility like a chump

Not a bad idea tiering the penalty but those numbers are to extreme

I would argue right now, 20% is doing very little to stop flagrant cheaters. This includes guys who aren't near the weight so give up on the cut, like Romero, which is an enormous advantage.

Win/loss at face value is 50% difference in pay for most guys, so risking 20% to have a much better chance of making double the take is one of the reasons these minor penalties aren't working.

Kevin Lee would have showed up on weight yesterday if he was going to give up half his purse. It would literally solve the problem overnight.

Maybe he has one? It's his first time, you act like this is a pattern
Seems to be getting harder for him, he's constantly calling for a 165 division and what really gets me is the response to missing weight. He seems to take it lighter than I'd like to see for me to have faith he will continue with successful weight cuts that prepare him for a 5 round fight in the division.

But I do acknowledge it's his first time missing weight and that he didn't have the extra 2 hours to cut the extra lb.

Seems to be getting harder for him, he's constantly calling for a 165 division and what really gets me is the response to missing weight. He seems to take it lighter than I'd like to see for me to have faith he will continue with successful weight cuts that prepare him for a 5 round fight in the division.

But I do acknowledge it's his first time missing weight and that he didn't have the extra 2 hours to cut the extra lb.

You could be right. We won't know until next fight

Is he smashes Edson, it's gonna rustle a lot of people
Consider yourself Rustled.
92f.jpg

You could be right. We won't know until next fight
Time will tell like Bob Marley promised but, for the record, I'm riding with Kevin Lee without question. I just want him to be that flawless professional is all.

Back