Kevin Lee is hyped while Al Iaquinta is mocked?

Yes, for real girlfriend.

Maybe try more than one word replies. No one likes Lee, hes just loud.

Youre very poorly informed. Many posters on sherdog call him future champ.

And With good reason hes a great fighter who is young and has an incredibly bright future. I think you need to look into it a bit more.

I think Iaquinta is probably better than Lee now just like he was when he beat his ass 5 years ago.

Outside of Lee's performance against Barboza who is easy pickings stylistically I don't see what he's done. He's chinny af, his boxing is shit, suspect cardio, fight iq and gameplanning mediocre.

Last edited:
Just let it be man. It will be that much sweeter if Raging Al beats Lee again.

I believe you are objectively wrong about the competition they have faced. If you think he is better than Al then that's fine. He could be at this moment I don't know.
Since they fought Lee is 10-2 (one of those being Tferg IC)
Notable:
Barboza
Chiesa
Trinaldo
Prazeres

Al is 5-2 (1 being Khabib c)
Notable:
Masvidal ( bullshit dec imo)
Pearson
Lauzon+Sanchez (both well past it!)

You honestly think Al has the better resume since they fought!?

Look at the ages there: 26 &21. Lee was a baby that time, kind of akin to how Holloway was so young versus McGregor, yet he has developed a lot. Fighters generally are at their peak between 26-30, where as a 21 year old has tremendous room for growth.

It's just Colin fans that like to downplay Al.

It's easy to literally nitpick any fighter.

Athleticism hardly matters in combat sports to begin with. Fighting is all about skill and Lee has no where the skill of the truly elite"

What are you talking about? Athleticism is a huge factor, so is skill but that statement is absurd. If it were remotely true, Anderson Silva today could beat Anderson Silva 5 years ago no problem. Effectively as long as a person doesn't lose their chin, they are the best versions of themselves years later.

I’m taking Al...I think he grinds out the W

I've noticed that Robert Whittaker is very popular now, while Court McGee has been forgotten. Gonna make a thread so that people remember that Court beat Robert like half a decade ago because that's relevant.

Top quality posting.

I've noticed that Robert Whittaker is very popular now, while Court McGee has been forgotten. Gonna make a thread so that people remember that Court beat Robert like half a decade ago because that's relevant.

Well done..

Dennis Hallman beat Matt Hughes twice

He sure went onto greatness in the UFC didn’t he?

I like both guys but think Lee is on a bit more of an upswing these days.

Al had his shot, lets see what Lee can do.

Since they fought Lee is 10-2 (one of those being Tferg IC)
Notable:
Barboza
Chiesa
Trinaldo
Prazeres

Al is 5-2 (1 being Khabib c)
Notable:
Masvidal ( bullshit dec imo)
Pearson
Lauzon+Sanchez (both well past it!)

You honestly think Al has the better resume since they fought!?

Masvidal is a better win than Barboza and the others are at best even.

Barboza very nearly KO'd Lee.

Masvidal is a better win than Barboza and the others are at best even.

Barboza very nearly KO'd Lee.
How high was masvidal ranked at LW again? Also a bullshit split dec is not better than a finish (Hail Mary spin or not). Also that is just hilarious that you think the others are even! Chiesa was top ten, Pearson, lauzon and Sanchez haven’t been near that in ages. Can’t believe you even trying to argue that! Well that’s Khabib fanatics for you I guess

How high was masvidal ranked at LW again? Also a bullshit split dec is not better than a finish (Hail Mary spin or not). Also that is just hilarious that you think the others are even! Chiesa was top ten, Pearson, lauzon and Sanchez haven’t been near that in ages. Can’t believe you even trying to argue that! Well that’s Khabib fanatics for you I guess

I don't know you tell me. He is still the best fighter on both lists.

Depends how you look at it. Al didn't come close to getting finished himself like Lee did. Regardless of the rankings I'm not super hyped over Chiesa, Trinaldo, and Prazeres.

Al is a jobber and Lee is a title contender, that’s probably why.

Lee's developed into a legitimately elite fighter, Al has not.

He's younger and more active than Al. He's a much better wrestler than him, and has closed the striking gap since their fight. Kevin Lee has overall looked more impressive than Iaquinta since the two fought.

i have a hard time ignoring terrible analysis

Are we talking about a real estate agent setting up cookies for an open house in the same post as a legit title contender when healthy?

Regardless of the 1v 1 result years ago, Lee has fought and beat more a far superior competition since they fought and is the better fighter.

Back