Kevin Lee claims to have gotten the better of Dillon Danis rolling with him

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Kevin Lee claims to have gotten the better of Dillon Danis while rolling with him on Ariel's show...
timestamped

This explains Danis calling him out...

I hate when fighters brag about training sessions to the public. Seems a little classless to me.

BJJ elites stand zero chance against NCAA wrestlers who transitioned into MMA. They can completely shut down your BJJ game in their sleep. Hell even Brendan Schaub did it and he was a football player.

I hate when fighters brag about training sessions to the public. Seems a little classless to me.
He's just following precedent. Bullying one of Conor's guys directly leads to making a lot more money.

BJJ elites stand zero chance against NCAA wrestlers who transitioned into MMA. They can completely shut down your BJJ game in their sleep. Hell even Brendan Schaub did it and he was a football player.

He said while rolling, not sparring. Submissions only. I would be very surprised if Kevin was getting the better of Dillon during rolling. Good luck passing his guard and not getting leg locked

Getting on top of Danis and holding on for dear life was probably Lee's idea of "getting the better of him". I'd be stunned if he actually threatened Danis with anything.

Getting on top of Danis and holding on for dear life was probably Lee's idea of "getting the better of him". I'd be stunned if he actually threatened Danis with anything.
It sounds like in that scenario Danis wouldn't have been able to threaten anything either.

Danis never spoke of wooping kevin lee or posted 5 seconds of him submitting lee so lee is prolly maybe telling truth here id expect danis to pull a mcgregor im sure he had somebody filming it.

It sounds like in that scenario Danis wouldn't have been able to threaten anything either.

That's a draw in sub only. Means nothing if you just hold on or run away like Schwab.

I expect Lee telling the truth

Because Danis is supposed to be so “high-level” he felt the need to say sumn

And yea, beast wrestlers that pickup just the slightest jiu jitsu become terror for even the seasoned black belts. Its all about bad position in any form of grappling and once they figure out where they can and cant be its over.

“Hitting reversed triangles and all that”

Lol

So full of shit..

I suspect he is full of shit. If he had any success I would assume Dillon was being a nice guy and letting him grab stuff during a training session, like most guys that are far superior do to guys that are light years away from them in terms of skill.

Meh, half the sparring sessions I've seen both guys thought they "got the better" of the other guy. Is normal.

Edit: Danis already challenging Kevin to a 100.000 dollar grappling match on twitter, lol.

well it's not like he's talking about a guy with that much class, anyway

Back