Kettlebell Club Swingers

Fahcough

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The search feature is still broken, on a site with bunch of paying members.

Anyways, didn't want to hijack Gear's thread because it's mostly his logs of progression.

Any other swingers in here want to post up movements or some circuits / challenges. The bell stash has grown large and looking to expand their uses. Hell, add in your heavy club/maces too.

The search feature is still broken, on a site with bunch of paying members.

Anyways, didn't want to hijack Gear's thread because it's mostly his logs of progression.

Any other swingers in here want to post up movements or some circuits / challenges. The bell stash has grown large and looking to expand their uses. Hell, add in your heavy club/maces too.
I really liked Dan John’s armour building complex, which is two cleans, one ohp and three front squats with double kettlebells. My best was with double 32s for ten minutes every minute on the minute.

A problem I developed last year is what I think is bicep tendonitis or something going on with my shoulders from either the rack position or the bar path from the press, so I haven’t been able to train with kettlebells consistently anymore

I really liked Dan John’s armour building complex, which is two cleans, one ohp and three front squats with double kettlebells. My best was with double 32s for ten minutes every minute on the minute.

A problem I developed last year is what I think is bicep tendonitis or something going on with my shoulders from either the rack position or the bar path from the press, so I haven’t been able to train with kettlebells consistently anymore
Impressive being able to move 32s in uniform. Some of those flows look smoother and have a better feel putting them together.

Tried to hang clean double 28s with no practice and they didn't make it up.

Impressive being able to move 32s in uniform. Some of those flows look smoother and have a better feel putting them together.

Tried to hang clean double 28s with no practice and they didn't make it up.
Yeah it took me a while with my 24s to be able to get to the 32s, but I swear nothing helped my grappling more than doing that

I was recently doing a lot of sprinting mixed with low rep kettlebell/burpee/muscleup circuits and 5 mile jogs in between days but at least once a week I did this kettlebell circuit.

35lb kettlebells
18 double kb swings
9 kb clean squat and press
9 kb snatches each arm
9 squat,roll to the back, touch feet to ground overhead and explode up
5 sets of that circuit with 3 minutes rest between sets then 3 sets of Turkish getups 3 reps each side. I felt a change in my explosiveness after about 6 weeks of adding this to my more stamana based routene. A lot of explosiveness.

I was recently doing a lot of sprinting mixed with low rep kettlebell/burpee/muscleup circuits and 5 mile jogs in between days but at least once a week I did this kettlebell circuit.

35lb kettlebells
18 double kb swings
9 kb clean squat and press
9 kb snatches each arm
9 squat,roll to the back, touch feet to ground overhead and explode up
5 sets of that circuit with 3 minutes rest between sets then 3 sets of Turkish getups 3 reps each side. I felt a change in my explosiveness after about 6 weeks of adding this to my more stamana based routene. A lot of explosiveness.
That's good mobility drills. Run out of breath trying to bring hands to feet so bring the feet to head.

That's good mobility drills. Run out of breath trying to bring hands to feet so bring the feet to head.
Definitely. It's a great move and when your gassed its complex enough to catch your breath and still work on that anarobic explosiveness

Got two routines I switch between

first is 20 swings + 4 get ups for 5 sets (100 swings and 20 get ups total)

Other is a routine called dry fighting weight. Grab whichever bells you press for 5 reps, set a timer to 30 mins, and knock out as many clean + presses and front squats as you can. Ladder them so it's 1 c+p, 1 squat, 2 c+p, 2 squats, 3 then back to 2 and then 1 each.

Just had time to watch. That could be a hellova workout. Have to break the mental that a workout should be short , a bunch of effort, then reset and do something else. The KB work sometimes last a while without dropping them.

Agreed. KBs test and develop grip strength, especially what you do longer intervals. The video I posted above was more of a strength workout. Doing longer sets of Long Cycle is one of the toughest workouts IMO.
As you mentioned, it takes a strong mind and focus. Here’s another Long Cycle workout I like to follow…

Agreed. KBs test and develop grip strength, especially what you do longer intervals. The video I posted above was more of a strength workout. Doing longer sets of Long Cycle is one of the toughest workouts IMO.
As you mentioned, it takes a strong mind and focus. Here’s another Long Cycle workout I like to follow…

He's so much smoother and less jerky than when I tried it. Was wasting so much energy trying to keep form in check. Labored breathing by 4/5 reps in .

Need to drill the motions with a really light weight until it's muscle memory. The heavy bell movements look nothing like the manageable ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back