Kell Brook v Liam Smith - confirmed by good source

HardasNAILZ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This fight is happening early next year. Could be February 3rd at the O2.

Great fight, fancy Brook via stoppage.

This fight is happening early next year. Could be February 3rd at the O2.

Great fight, fancy Brook via stoppage.
Yeah I'll go for Brook as well being more seasoned and imho the more skillful fighter. Just hope his face can hold up after his past two injuries.

I think Brook might be washed after his last 2 fights, we'll see, but I suspect he'll be a shadow of himself. IF he was the Brook that fought Golovkin, i'd pick him over Smith by UD.

yeah, it's hard to imagine brook not declining after the two brutal losses, but if he's anywhere near his former self he should put liam smith away.

i still have some faith.

edit: wait, what weight is this at? 147? 154?

I think Brook is a good pick over a lot of guys at 147 and 154, on paper., The thing is I just don't know the extent of those psychological fractures caused by those orbital fractures from GGG and Spence.

This is sooner than I expected. He should probably heal up for an extra long time. If he takes some bad damage to his face again I can't see his career going on after.

What's the source @HardasNAILZ ?

Before Golovkin and Spence I'd pick Brook. But it's hard to say what the long term damage was from those fights. I don't really see Brook losing to Smith, but it's not improbable. Brook probably has the better win between the two but they aren't too far separated as far as accomplishments go. And they've both been in with two of the best in the business right now (even though both were stopped).

This is sooner than I expected. He should probably heal up for an extra long time. If he takes some bad damage to his face again I can't see his career going on after.

I'm really surprised they aren't giving him an easy touch coming back. Two tough losses back to back, I don't think a confidence booster would be the worst thing for him right now.

Either Brook just doesn't know how to take a step back, or maybe his pre-existing injuries are worse than they're letting on and they're trying to maximize his remaining paychecks before a stiff-breeze breaks an orbital again.

I'm really surprised they aren't giving him an easy touch coming back. Two tough losses back to back, I don't think a confidence booster would be the worst thing for him right now.

Either Brook just doesn't know how to take a step back, or maybe his pre-existing injuries are worse than they're letting on and they're trying to maximize his remaining paychecks before a stiff-breeze breaks an orbital again.

Brook's got brass balls. He's got something to prove too. Plus Smith isn't a world-changer with his punch power, though Brook is moving up so we'll see.

thats what i think, they are cashing out with smith.

two broken orbital bones, his face was not designed to withstand world class punishment.

i believe golovkins fracture was caused by a jab

Brook's got brass balls. He's got something to prove too. Plus Smith isn't a world-changer with his punch power, though Brook is moving up so we'll see.
Yeah Smith isn't a powerhouse but if Kell's face is weeker now it might not take one unfortunately.

It does make a fair bit of sense of the face of it. I'd favour Brook, clearly, if he's not mentally broken from his beating from Golovkin and Spence.

From their sparring footage, looks like Brook cruises to a ud

That's the way I'd put it. I have a bad feeling about this. This kind of strategic thinking is a blueprint for unexpected train wrecks.

I like this fight. I'm interested in seeing how much those fights took out of Brook.

Yeah I'll go for Brook as well being more seasoned and imho the more skillful fighter. Just hope his face can hold up after his past two injuries.
Injuries that were a result of him getting his ass beat.

thats what i think, they are cashing out with smith.

two broken orbital bones, his face was not designed to withstand world class punishment.

i believe golovkins fracture was caused by a jab

Could Smith really be a cash out fight though? He isn't very popular or some elite world beater. It feels more like they are giving Brook a fight he SHOULD win that is a couple steps up from an easy touch and a couple steps down from a pick em' type of fight.

Could Smith really be a cash out fight though? He isn't very popular or some elite world beater. It feels more like they are giving Brook a fight he SHOULD win that is a couple steps up from an easy touch and a couple steps down from a pick em' type of fight.

brooks face was broken in two consecutive fights . even though the break was in different eyes, imo its a pre existing injury that presents a liabiilty.

i think kell knows that he has two or three fights left at the world level to make money and smith is his easiest path to a good payday(ppv in the Uk). if he believed that he had time left he would take a tune-up fight but with his broken face even a tuneup presents too large a risk

yeah, it's hard to imagine brook not declining after the two brutal losses, but if he's anywhere near his former self he should put liam smith away.

i still have some faith.

edit: wait, what weight is this at? 147? 154?

It'll be 154. smith cant drop and Brook already said he'd be moving up. Bit surprised if this is the case as Smith won a title eliminator less than 2 weeks ago. Can't understand why he would take an interim fight that he will likely lose

Back