Keith Thurman sparring in Nepal

Draper

Bronze Bomber
@purple
Reaction score

vs. Errol Spence's street sparring

Seems ill advised for world class pros to play around like this.

Keith Thurman should be negotiating with Errol Spence instead of sparring in the streets.

Ok and what is your excuse for Spence's video?

He’s hanging out with people he knows and is messing around? I couldn’t hear but that looked playful, if still painful for the husky fella.

He’s hanging out with people he knows and is messing around? I couldn’t hear but that looked playful, if still painful for the husky fella.

No gloves, whipping body shots. He's gonna catch an elbow and fracture a finger and feel dumb. <Moves>

Let me tell you something people in Nepal are tough as nails. Many of them serve in the UK military and they're known for having heart. Heart in boxing is very important. If Keith ever decided to create a little boxing gym out there where all the local kids can start training together from a young age in hope to become a pro one day I bet you could produce some great fighters. It could be a smart move.

Let me tell you something people in Nepal are tough as nails. Many of them serve in the UK military and they're known for having heart. Heart in boxing is very important. If Keith ever decided to create a little boxing gym out there where all the local kids can start training together from a young age in hope to become a pro one day I bet you could produce some great fighters. It could be a smart move.

They're called Gurkhas. And altho they have a tough reputation, they also have the rep of being pawns for British imperialism. Since they essentially served as enforcers in Britain's colonies abroad. Part of the whole divide-and-conquer strategy, in this case using ethnic differences as a way to prevent insurrection or collaboration between the indigenous and non-indigenous people.

They used Sikh soldiers in the same way in many places abroad.

As far as heart, I agree with you the average Nepali are good people. They have altitude, which the other Asian countries to the east associated with boxing don't have. Unless you specifically went to the mountains or something.

I had a friend working a maintenance contract in an army barracks and he said the ghurkas would regularly rip sinks off the wall when they threw a wobbly.
Strong little fellas and a credit to our military.

Thurman's wife is Nepalese I think. Probably pretty good for stamina, since it's so mountainous.

Thurman is in Nepal? That is wussup. Unique training place imo. Well, the mountains in Nepal make for thin air. Still, I bet he training with some tough ass Nepalese dudes from over there

They're called Gurkhas. And altho they have a tough reputation, they also have the rep of being pawns for British imperialism. Since they essentially served as enforcers in Britain's colonies abroad. Part of the whole divide-and-conquer strategy, in this case using ethnic differences as a way to prevent insurrection or collaboration between the indigenous and non-indigenous people.

They used Sikh soldiers in the same way in many places abroad.

As far as heart, I agree with you the average Nepali are good people. They have altitude, which the other Asian countries to the east associated with boxing don't have. Unless you specifically went to the mountains or something.

Lots of ex Gurkhas live where I work and they are good people. Anyone who serves this country should get citizenship and equal pay! Some have been treated appallingly! Surprisingly nice food as well

Seems ill advised for world class pros to play around like this.

Thurmans just having some fun, though his opponent is very tentative!

Tend to agree with spence, only takes a shot off the elbow or hip to damage the hand. And fck taking them body shots with no gloves! That dudes tough but he may be pissing blood in the morning

yes, there was an article about it on boxingscene or something. He was married in Nepal too.
Yep, Keith Thurman married a Nepalese lady.
DDgahtzUMAAr9CU.jpg

DEjcs1uU0AA1ZEN.jpg

Keith-Thruman-Jr-Priyana-Thapa-wedding.jpg

keith-thurman-gets-married.jpg

Back