KB snatching 30kg 240 times

Was sitting through that entire video like Chinese water torture?

I just took some technique notes while making my breakfast

6:30 before he switches hands pretty impressive.

I made it ~5s before I thought it was stupid.

don't these guys get overuse injuries? the descent of the bell looks somewhat painful for his shoulder.

KB sport has one of the lowest injury rates in lifting sports.

More specifically, Djoni's leanback and re-gripping during the drop soften the descent of the bell. Because he's so short, he isn't able to slow it for as long as say Ivan Denisov, but he's doing it.

He also has a uniquely high volume and specificity approach to training the sport. Others will tend to use more variety in assistance movements that rotate over time. Djonni is basically as close to an "buglarian" approach to the sport of any of the high-level people who's training i've been exposed to.

If i recall, his training, 4-6 days a week will be something like

Morning: 5k-10k easy run

Afternoon
Two arm long cycle
Auto-regulated ladder, sets of 10, ranging from 16k to 45kg Kettlbells, number of rungs on the ladder determined by how fresh he is that day. Typically no less than 8

Two-arm jerk

Autoregulated ladder, once again ranging from 16k to 45kg. Typically more volume here, and it is not unusual for him to do every 1k increment between 16k and 45k in sets of 15.

Rest, then long two-arm jerk set
between 5-10 minutes with kettlebells between 20kg and 32kg. Weight and time determined by his level of fatigue that day

Rest, then one arm snatch
10 minute set ranging from 16kg to 32kg

It is an absolutely stupid amount of volume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back