Kattar looked Great (gif heavy) who does he face next?

Kattar looked really fucking sharp last night, his jab, accuracy and just over all composure really stood out to me.

0VEDg3.gif

W7po7o.gif

pQBLQy.gif

There was a lot more of that. Here's the finish, though, just to keep the gif count below 5:

W7poLo.gif

Conclusion: this guy beat a top 20 guy in Fili on two weeks notice, then just finished undefeated Shane Burgos who was 10-0 (3-0 in the ufc), and now Kattar is on a 10 fight win streak.

Calvin kattar deserves a ranked opponent next, but who?

Yair, maybe? Lamas?

Kattar is the real deal. Tough, has heart, quick hands, endurance, good footwork, conditioning.

If he can handle a good grappler he is top 5 material for sure.

Kattar is the real deal. Tough, has heart, quick hands, endurance, good footwork, conditioning.

If he can handle a good grappler he is top 5 material for sure.

He's also fucking huge for the weight class. He wrestled in high school, and I've never seen him in trouble in any of his fights on the ground, but it definitely will be interesting to see him tested against a guy with a good ground game.

I get the feeling that the UFC wants to throw a softball at yair next, so I doubt they'll match him against Kattar, but it would be a fun fight for sure.

Unless Yair has developed his hands, I think Kattar eats him for lunch.

Probably the cleanest boxing by two guys fighting in an Octagon I've seen. Pleasure to watch, and glad MMA is continually improving and evolving from the sloppy mess it used to be, and can still be.

He's also fucking huge for the weight class. He wrestled in high school, and I've never seen him in trouble in any of his fights, but it definitely will be interesting to see him tested against a guy with a good ground game.

I cannot emphasize how impressed I was by Kattar turning it on in round 3 after the momentum was shifting against him at the end of 2nd.

That kind of grit is really rare in a fighter.

He deserves more than that, he easily should already be ranked there. Give him Llamas.

I don't usually like rushing guys, but Kattar looks ready for a top ten guy, plus he's near his prime — 29 years old with 20 pro fights. That said, I'll be happy with anyone in the top 15.

I don't usually like rushing guys, but Kattar looks ready for a top ten guy, plus he's not young — 29 years old with 20 pro fights. That said, I'll be happy with anyone in the top 15.

Pretty sure Fili has been as high ranked as 11, definitely ranked before..I think when Kattar beat him actually. He should've already been ranked, imo. Burgos should be ranked as well. They both definitely looked like it last night.

I think he should get a chance to crack the top 10 with some change, and Llamas would be that opportunity.

Back