Karo commenting on Tarverdyan

LOL at Karo calling Ronda a "little white girl," as if he's not white. I once had a related conversation with a friend of mine, who is a highly educated Armenian American. She said, "Of course we're white. Armenia is in the Caucasus region. We're the OG Caucasians."

That aside, Karo isn't the kind of person who can be taken seriously. He was a good fighter, but not exactly an intellectual giant.

Are there any Armenians on this forum? MMA seems to have tons of Armenian fighters but no Armenian fans.

I'm Armenian too, born in Los Angeles. Never have trained any MMA though, just like to watch and cheer. Karo is cool but a hot head and can be annoying sometimes but he isn't a bad person. It's true though that there aren't that many hardcore Armenian MMA fans. I only have one good friend that truly keeps up and reads forums while most of my other friends would rather take shots and joke around in the background or shoot pool in my garage when I have a PPV party at my house.

:)

Wow. Made me a way bigger fan of Nate, and made me wish Karo would fucking die.
Yea, it's actually the moment I became a Nate fan and he became my favorite fighter shortly after, only watched that season because I was a fan of Nick because of the Gomi fight, still my favorite fight of all time.

"The UFC is not for sale"
dana_white_450.jpg
he's not deluded
he's lying

The idea that being more well rounded will make you a better fighter has been continually disproven. All you need to do is impose your game.

There's 2 kinds of well rounded in mma: a Frisbee and a buzzsaw.

One is harmless and the other is dangerous to the touch

Are there any Armenians on this forum? MMA seems to have tons of Armenian fighters but no Armenian fans.
There are quite a few on this forum.

We don't all have flags in our avatars bro.

There aren't that many Armenian fighters competing at high level anymore so could be a reason why it seems there aren't many Armenians being vocal on Sherdog. But don't worry, we're here.

Yeah, but the moment you can't impose your game is moment you realize you are a fish out of water.
Every single champion except for maybe Conor is well rounded.

Being well rounded in mma today > being great at one thing.

I'm Armenian too, born in Los Angeles. Never have trained any MMA though, just like to watch and cheer. Karo is cool but a hot head and can be annoying sometimes but he isn't a bad person. It's true though that there aren't that many hardcore Armenian MMA fans. I only have one good friend that truly keeps up and reads forums while most of my other friends would rather take shots and joke around in the background or shoot pool in my garage when I have a PPV party at my house.

:)
Here i am an armenian born and lived there, just now studying in europe.
i am hardcore fan , have been following sherdog for 3 -4 year never been active as a commentator,
but it does not matter.

Ronda's mom's coaching and drilling probably had something to do with it too.

LOL at Karo calling Ronda a "little white girl," as if he's not white. I once had a related conversation with a friend of mine, who is a highly educated Armenian American. She said, "Of course we're white. Armenia is in the Caucasus region. We're the OG Caucasians."

That aside, Karo isn't the kind of person who can be taken seriously. He was a good fighter, but not exactly an intellectual giant.

Eh...when people think of a "little white girl" or "some white dude", I'm pretty sure guys like Karo, Manny, and Edmond don't come to mind. Yeah, they are white technically, but they aren't in the same family tree as a Ronda or Faber.

I forgot young Nate. I remember liking him quite a bit back then. He was just a real ass dude...seemed like a good kid too. He's still real now, but he's jaded with all of his bro's bullshit and excuses I feel.

Yea, it's actually the moment I became a Nate fan and he became my favorite fighter shortly after, only watched that season because I was a fan of Nick because of the Gomi fight, still my favorite fight of all time.
That was one of the best seasons. The backyard fight with the dude that won 900 street fights was funny

The interview is old so probably many of you already read it, just ignore the thread if you already did.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/Karo-Parisyan-Edmond-Tarverdyan-is-eating-Ronda-Rouseys-brain

“No animosity toward [Tarverdyan and Gamburyan]. Good for Manny, good for Ronda, because Manny’s always there with her at the trainings and stuff, and Ronda might be on her period and she might take her underwear off and stuff, so Manny helps her out with that stuff, too, like with the tampons and everything else.”

It's tough being a rockstar.

"You don't want to mess with me bro. These idiots don't even know half the shit I can do to them."

We are all dumber for having read that. I award Karo no points, and may God have mercy on his soul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back