Kanna Asakura (winner of Rizin's female tournament) recently had her coming-of-age ceremony in Japan

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Kanna Asakura went a perfect 6-0 record in 2017 which ended with her choking out RENA to win RIZIN's female tournament on New Year's Eve.

To start 2018, Asakura recently had her coming-of-age ceremoney.

In Japan, 20 years old is the age where people finally see themselves as adults.
Kanna was still in high school where she started fighting MMA, but she already had great wrestling from her father (who is also her coach).

It's amazing to think that she is only 20 years old and has accomplished so much in MMA so far.
I wish her luck in the future.

tivwo92xla901.jpg

17495007_291089491324402_5901558911818792960_n.jpg

CvwDkyWUEAIT47G.jpg

An amazing year after losing her match to Alyssa Garcia. I really felt like Alyssa won that match solely on Josh Barnett's advice. He knew how to counter everything and give Asakura a hard time.

Last edited:
She was great in that tournament. 6-0 this year makes it even better.

Sherdog has her ranked now.

Last edited:
Great year for her. Very impressive we are going to see a lot more from her, look forward to it... as much as I wanted my crush RENA to win I'm happy for her. Look at RENA in that pic with her...I love her lol

While her face may not be attractive her hips are wider than her shoulders and her legs are not short

more positives than negatives with her IMO.

Also she is very strong..pure functional muscle

Rin Nakai would be an interesting fight since they are both so strong

While her face may not be attractive her hips are wider than her shoulders and her legs are not short

Asakura vs Murata at 110 catchweight

I think Rin Nakai is too strong and big for Asakura.
Maybe Kanako Murata is a better matchup.

But I think RIZIN would want to build up Murata again.
So i think a match with Asakura wouldn't be a good idea.

Kanna Asakura lost to Syuri Kondo because she wasn't strong enough.
Syuri had more strength and reach. Asakura couldn't take her down and Syuri also had much better striking.

That's really the way to defeat Kanna.
If you have good enough takedown defense and nullify her wrestling, Kanna is in trouble because she doesn't have KO power or good striking skills.

Anyway, I've been a fan of Kanna Asakura long before she fought in RIZIN. I always knew that her future was bright.
The losses to Syuri Kondo and Alyssa Garcia were disappointing, but i think she learned a lot from them.

Back