Kai Kara France Man Man-Handling 6ft4 265lber

But Sherdog said this was impossible? I remember expert analyst @LouisBolanos saying how Hong Man Choi had "never done wrestling in his life" and could easily throw around heavyweights because size is unstoppable after a certain point. (Guys Hong Man Choi was a multiple time Ssireum national finalist and champion in Korea, which is folk wrestling, that was his background...wrestling, wrestled most of his life).

Remember people who think trained MMA fighters can't beat untrained muscle heads have no idea what they're talking about and have most likely never trained. There's definitely cases where some Bantamweight might not beat up LeBron James, but in general flyweights and bantamweights can probably still beat up most giants and there's plenty of Lightweights who'd make mince meat out of your favorite NBA and NFL players zero diff.

I remember expert analyst @LouisBolanos saying how Hong Man Choi had "never done wrestling in his life" and could easily throw around heavyweights because size is unstoppable after a certain point.

Funny how you hardcore dodged my response last time, so here it is again:

Did you actually watch his championship match or did you just use Google? Choi became champion by beating another equally gigantic, equally unskilled dude. To use this as "proof" to Choi's wrestling skills is about as stupid as using Bob Sapp's two wins against K-1 HW champion Ernesto Hoost as "proof" to his kickboxing skills.

Hong Man Choi can't wrestle for shit, him winning wrestling championships is the proof that size and strength > skill, so thanks for proving my point.

Also, how convenient of you to miss the part where it says after a certain point. You know that's the most important part, right? If you can't overcome someone's skill with strength and size, that doesn't mean skill > strength and size, it means you don't have enough strength and size to begin with. Volkanovski, a FW, benches 275lbs. A HW who can bench 400lbs is barely 40% stronger, which is nothing. Try going against someone literally 3x as strong, or an animal literally 10+x as strong, and your skill would mean jack shit. Ever seen a human outwrestle or submit an elephant?

But Sherdog said this was impossible? I remember expert analyst @LouisBolanos saying how Hong Man Choi had "never done wrestling in his life" and could easily throw around heavyweights because size is unstoppable after a certain point. (Guys Hong Man Choi was a multiple time Ssireum national finalist and champion in Korea, which is folk wrestling, that was his background...wrestling, wrestled most of his life).

Remember people who think trained MMA fighters can't beat untrained muscle heads have no idea what they're talking about and have most likely never trained. There's definitely cases where some Bantamweight might not beat up LeBron James, but in general flyweights and bantamweights can probably still beat up most giants and there's plenty of Lightweights who'd make mince meat out of your favorite NBA and NFL players zero diff.

That guys a local youtube comedian and this was from ages ago when he did some content at ckb with different fighters . Its not serious.

Funny how you hardcore dodged my response last time, so here it is again:

Did you actually watch his championship match or did you just use Google? Choi became champion by beating another equally gigantic, equally unskilled dude. To use this as "proof" to Choi's wrestling skills is about as stupid as using Bob Sapp's two wins against K-1 HW champion Ernesto Hoost as "proof" to his kickboxing skills.

Also, how convenient of you to miss the part where it says after a certain point. You know that's the most important part, right? If you can't overcome someone's skill with strength and size, that doesn't mean skill > strength and size, it means you don't have enough strength and size. Volkanovski, a FW, benches 275lbs. A HW who can bench 400lbs is not even 50% stronger. Try going against someone literally 3x as strong, or an animal literally 10+x as strong, and your skill would mean jack shit. Ever seen a human outwrestle or submit an elephant?

Have you ever watched BJJ tournaments? Why do guys like Kron Gracie, Marcelo Garcia and Andy Murasaki medal in the absolutes vs other black belts who outweigh them by often 50+lbs? Your secondary point wasn't what I was arguing, Choi has a lot of wrestling experience and actually trained MMA. An untrained athlete or random gym head with massive size loses to small trained guys, that doesn't that if LeBron James did BJJ for 12 months and got a blue belt he wouldn't then be able to beat purple and brown belts half his size, he probably could. Choi still had a few years of grappling and striking training by the time he was having fights and he wrestled his entire life even if he appeared unskilled.

Have you ever watched BJJ tournaments? Why do guys like Kron Gracie, Marcelo Garcia and Andy Murasaki medal in the absolutes vs other black belts who outweigh them by often 50+lbs?

Because their opponents didn't have enough size and strength advantage to overcome the skill gap? DUH! You continue to conflate "size and strength > skill" with "ANY size and strength advantage > ANY skill advantage", which is fucking stupid. When people say "men > women“ in fighting, they're not saying ANY man beats ANY woman in a fight, but rather when taken to the highest levels, men will always beat women. Similarly, size and strength > skill means when taken to the highest levels, say Gordon Ryan vs. an animal many times his size and strength, the one with size and strength on its side would absolutely stomp. You know who agrees with me? Only John Danaher, Gordon Ryan's coach.

Your secondary point wasn't what I was arguing, Choi has a lot of wrestling experience and actually trained MMA.

Again, watch the actual fights and grappling matches. What grappling SKILL did Choi demonstrate? None, if you put his skill in the body of a regular human, he'd get tooled by a blue belt of the same size. And yet he's out here taking down Fedor and winning championships. If that's not proof size and strength > skill then what is it?

Back