K-1 K'FESTA.1 Live Thread 3/20 10:30 PM EST Start Time (Viewing Instructions Inside)

Kickboxing card of the year. Nothing else will come close.

Dunno where he'd like to fight but he's at 63 for GoH also to not clash with their other main guys.
yeah he is at 63kg but could be at 65kg if he wanted

the problem is that the opponents he is matched up against are mostly far from 63kg fighters

Yes he is. He could probably have won this fight on points if he didn't start exchanging punches though.

Fight was close before the KO and Ren showed great poise and ring IQ.

upload_2018-3-21_21-41-23.png

Chinese crybabies:

"We don't need this belt.

1. Flu
2. One point deducted.
3. Heavier gloves.
4. wasn't alllowed to recover weight
5. Deducted 20% of the salary

They were basically all fine with those other than not letting Wei recover properly, and that is kinda bs IMO. Either let the fighters recover so they can fight the best they can or just don't do the fight then.

They were basically all fine with those other than not letting Wei recover properly, and that is kinda bs IMO. Either let the fighters recover so they can fight the best they can or just don't do the fight then.
Hydration limit of about 10 lbs / 5kg as punishment for missing weight is well established in boxing. I have no problem with it.

No idea how widely that might be a thing in kickboxing but still dumb. Cutting weight is pretty idiotic of a thing already so at least let them recover whatever they can.

Just watched the fights...My god, Kaew's fight IQ against Hiramoto had to be the lowest in his career.
He is so sloppy it hurts.

Japan has always been insanely strict with weight cutting rules.
In some MMA organizations, you can't even win a fight if you miss weight, but are forced to fight
(I think it is Pancrase).

Just watched the fights...My god, Kaew's fight IQ against Hiramoto had to be the lowest in his career.
He is so sloppy it hurts.

Japan has always been insanely strict with weight cutting rules.
In some MMA organizations, you can't even win a fight if you miss weight, but are forced to fight
(I think it is Pancrase).
He might have been feeling desperate. Every time he fights a bald Japanese man is trying to take points from him then he lost his title in a fight he probably should have won.

How works that "heavier gloves" punishment? It's only for the fighter that missed weight or for both? It seems a bit absurd if it's the first option, it's a huge disadvantage..

How works that "heavier gloves" punishment? It's only for the fighter that missed weight or for both? It seems a bit absurd if it's the first option, it's a huge disadvantage..
Ya it was only Wei Rui who had to use 10oz gloves. Depending on your fight style that could be an advantage though. e.g. if you rely on blocking rather than footwork and headmovement for defense.

Ya it was only Wei Rui who had to use 10oz gloves. Depending on your fight style that could be an advantage though. e.g. if you rely on blocking rather than footwork and headmovement for defense.
Not when you're fighting with a point deduction from the start though, not surprised the chinese are upset, imo that punishment was a bit of a overkill, but i guess japanese standards are different.

ffs been busy and didn't catch this, does anyone know if its avail anywhere online?

Back