Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dragonlordxxxxx

Which team would win? The Avengers team at the end of Age of Ultron (minus Quicksilver) or the Justice League here (including Superman).

I wonder how the Avengers would deal with Flash. He'd probably be the only other problem besides emo Henry Cavill Superman
Wonder woman murders the entire Avengers. The JLA watches the highlights later in the WatchTower.

Hulk matches his strength. Thor is pure magic and that's Superman's other weakness. Scarlet Witch could mess him up badly. Vision if the Infinity Stone is magic and especially if he has Thor's hammer. But if Captain America can pick up Thor's hammer, Supes could, too.

But movie Supes hasn't been shown to have a weakness to magic, so maybe nobody.

EDIT: just noticed we're talking comics. Anyone magic or who can create kryptonite. Hulk is as strong as him (or maybe stronger now after he beat Sentry), but no one else is going to provide a physical threat.

Wait, i think there's an entire Avengers team with Superman-level giys now. Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Gladiator, Starbrand, and others.

Superman at his most ludicrously powerful (movies or comics) isn't being matched by anyone. They just had a superboy character with ludicrous-Supes power levels and he was so strong that he punched reality into pieces. Seriously, shattered it. With punches. Shattered it like a laptop screen in front of a writer, desperately behind on a deadline, with no good ideas coming to him.

Primepunch.jpg

That's kind of a ballsy plot point if you back it up with consequences.

Have they ever tried to explain Iron Man's armor dissipating enormous amount of energy?

Not sure why there's anything more than jelly left inside the suit after he slams into a mountain.

Have they ever tried to explain Iron Man's armor dissipating enormous amount of energy?

Not sure why there's anything more than jelly left inside the suit after he slams into a mountain.
It's funny how Rhodey falling from the sky during Civil War was such a big deal when Iron Man gets shot out of the sky by a damn tank in the first Iron Man movie. He gets up, blows up the tank and walks off like nothing happened

On a serious note, which Earth-based Marvel characters (comics) could at least compete with Superman or does he speed blitz everyone?
Blue Marvel, Sentry, Molecule Man, and Spectrum (Monica Rambeau) to name a few at the top of my head.

Things I like: Affleck as Batman, It looks like
Aquaman will steal the show( I still think he
shouldv'e been Lobo, Flash should be good as
well.

Things I don't: The Flash's costume and
Cyborg's Armour and the CGI night time look.

I just hope it's good.

How about individually?
We're just talking about the characters (specifically WW, Hulk, Thor, Vision, Wanda) in the current movie verse, right.

Hulk beats Wonder Woman.

The Vision beats Wonder Woman.

Slight edge to Thor because of Mjolnir and he can fly.

If Scarlet Witch can erect a force field in time, Wonder Woman will have a hard time defeating her. Wanda's powers include telekinesis, psionic energy manipulation, telepathy and mental manipulation.

Wonder Woman can beat Thor, Hulk, VIsion and Scarlett Witch?

@TheRuthlessOne , do you agree with that?
the correct answer is 'depends on who writes it'.

Superman has all the ability to beat Hulk but if written like he usually is he would lose to Hulk most times if they had no history with one another. Mainly because Superman never goes for the kill early, especially when he does not know his opponents limits. He generally tries to apply just enough pressure to make his opponent submit which would only make Hulk madder and madder and stronger and stronger. Without even knowing it Supes would soon see Hulk at near his strength and then beyond as Supes gets tired and Hulk only gets stronger.

But written another way Supes goes for the KO shot right away before Hulk powers up and lands it or he picks him up and flies him into space until he passes out.

We're just talking about the characters (specifically WW, Hulk, Thor, Vision, Wanda) in the current movie verse, right.

Hulk beats Wonder Woman.

If Scarlet Witch can erect a force field in time, Wonder Woman will have a hard time defeating her. Wanda's powers include telekinesis, psionic energy manipulation, telepathy and mental manipulation.

Thor hit caps shield with mjolnir and it didnt do crap

I think you guys are overrating movie thor

Thor hit caps shield with mjolnir and it didnt do crap

I think you guys are overrating movie thor
There's no shame in Mjolnir not being able to destroy or dent Cap's shield. Cap's shield is one of the toughest, most impervious object in the world. It's made of Vibranium which absorbs kinetic energy (just ignore the inconsistencies from the other scenes).

I'm not overrating Thor. I think Wonder Woman has the edge in fighting abilities. Strength-wise, I think it's tie. (Again to everybody, we're talking about the movieverse here) I just think Thor with Mjolnir has the overall edge. One example of how the battle would go is Thor goes on a higher ground or floats high up in the air and scorches the land with a barrage of lightning bolts from all sides. Wonder Woman can deflect/absorb some of those lightning with her shield or bracelets, but eventually she'll get tagged.

Hulk beats Wonder Woman.

I dunno about this, it depends on how powerful we assume the Doomsday that WonderWoman and Superman fought together is.

Superman in the current DC film universe is pretty goddamn powerful. I'd argue he could take all three of those mentioned one vs one, and could beat Vision and Hulk combined, although not Thor combined with Vision or Hulk.

I hate the Man of Steel superman but they made him pretty obscenely fast and powerful. He got into a fight with someone who was about half as powerful as him and it leveled metropolis.

There's no shame in Mjolnir not being able to destroy or dent Cap's shield. Cap's shield is one of the toughest, most impervious object in the world. It's made of Vibranium which absorbs kinetic energy (just ignore the inconsistencies from the other scenes).

I'm not overrating Thor. I think Wonder Woman has the edge in fighting abilities. Strength-wise, I think it's tie. (Again to everybody, we're talking about the movieverse here) I just think Thor with Mjolnir has the overall edge. One example of how the battle would go is Thor goes on a higher ground or floats high up in the air and scorches the land with a barrage of lightning bolts from all sides. Wonder Woman can deflect/absorb some of those lightning with her shield or bracelets, but eventually she'll get tagged.

The exact scenario you suggest (Wonder Woman being struck by lightning bolts from all sides) takes place here and nothing happens to her.

I dunno about this, it depends on how powerful we assume the Doomsday that WonderWoman and Superman fought together is.

Superman in the current DC film universe is pretty goddamn powerful. I'd argue he could take all three of those mentioned one vs one, and could beat Vision and Hulk combined, although not Thor combined with Vision or Hulk.

I hate the Man of Steel superman but they made him pretty obscenely fast and powerful. He got into a fight with someone who was about half as powerful as him and it leveled metropolis.
If you read the previous posts, it already has been established that emo Supes would kill them all singlehandedly. There is no debate about that. What Horse Style was asking was Wonder Woman and the rest of the Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back