Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Vision from Avengers. Walking, talking, interfacing AI.

Remember how Jeff Goldblum defeated the Alien Invasion in 4th of July just with a virus on a memory stick.

But what if, our technology is all based on that alien ship in Roswell, then it at least makes some sense.

Eeehhh...I'm no big comic book guy. But all I can say is me and my siblings + friends all seemed to picture the Green Lantern as being more of a thing than Aquaman and Cyborg.

Maybe it's just because we were kids and thought he was cool or something. But Cyborg isn't a big name at all to my memory. I didn't even know who he is (neither did my pals) and right now I couldn't tell you a thing about him other than he's some robotic looking half man dude. Aquaman is a name alright, but I never recalled him being big (at least not amongst my age group back at the turn of the century).

I understand the other movie flopped...but Cyborg hasn't even had a movie, nor has Aquaman (not yet anyway, I know James Wan is directing it). Ah well...

Thanks for the reply.

Cyborg must be a newer character or something. I’ve never heard of him either. Swap him out with Green Lantern and throw in Martian Manhunter and that’s the Justice League I remember.

Cyborg must be a newer character or something. I’ve never heard of him either. Swap him out with Green Lantern and throw in Martian Manhunter and that’s the Justice League I remember.

You remember the cartoon like everyone else does

Martian Manhunter is on the TV show SuperGirl so maybe thats why they didn't wanna add him

GL was teased in the trailers of Justice League, So at some point we will be getting them

The character of Cyborg actually debuted back in 1980. The big difference is that he wasn't really a JL member in the comics until quite recently. For most of his run he's been associated with the Teen Titans.

You remember the cartoon like everyone else does

Martian Manhunter is on the TV show SuperGirl so maybe thats why they didn't wanna add him

GL was teased in the trailers of Justice League, So at some point we will be getting them

What cartoon? I just had toys in the 1980s.

This right here is the justice league

Never seen it. Looks too new for something I would have watched.

These were the toys I had:

191ab7a066806ca9ff6f7cd57d8776e9--super-powers-awesome-toys.jpg

I didn’t have all of them. I had Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Red Tornado, Firestorm and Doctor Fate.

Never seen it. Looks too new for something I would have watched.

These were the toys I had:

191ab7a066806ca9ff6f7cd57d8776e9--super-powers-awesome-toys.jpg

I didn’t have all of them. I had Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonderwoman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Red Tornado, Firestorm and Doctor Fate.

That show was in the 90's

So a lot of 90's kid remember it

I wish I had all those action figures as a kid.

Eeehhh...I'm no big comic book guy. But all I can say is me and my siblings + friends all seemed to picture the Green Lantern as being more of a thing than Aquaman and Cyborg.

Maybe it's just because we were kids and thought he was cool or something. But Cyborg isn't a big name at all to my memory. I didn't even know who he is (neither did my pals) and right now I couldn't tell you a thing about him other than he's some robotic looking half man dude. Aquaman is a name alright, but I never recalled him being big (at least not amongst my age group back at the turn of the century).

I understand the other movie flopped...but Cyborg hasn't even had a movie, nor has Aquaman (not yet anyway, I know James Wan is directing it). Ah well...

Thanks for the reply.

I think Green Lantern has too big of a backstory to have been thrown into a movie like this.
It would have been too much.
They do make some reference to the green lantern crew in the movie though, so I'm sure his character isn't far behind.

Initially, I thought it was a mistake for DC to jump straight into a full fledged JL movie without introducing the other characters via their own movies. I still largely agree with that, but all things considered, they did a good job at bringing the characters all together without making the movie feel too long--the little set up they did in BvsS helped a lot.

I think the biggest misstep they did was not doing a solo Batman movie first. Batman is too big of a character to have not had his own film. His movie should've followed Man of Steel..and then BvsS should have happened. Batman's character still isn't really established at this point. I have a clearer idea of what WW, Cyborg, and even Aquaman are about than i do about Batman.
The JL will be good for Superman. If DC can do what Marvel did with Captain America, it could turn out really cool. Superman is a kind of bland character, but playing him against other interesting characters makes his 'boy scout' personality a lot more palatable.

I've already mentioned my dislike for the actor they've casted as Flash..but they also gave him this bizarre running style that makes him look like a clumsy goblin or something. I have absolutely no interest in a solo Flash movie with that guy as the lead. I was honestly more interested in Cyborg.

I think the biggest misstep they did was not doing a solo Batman movie first. Batman is too big of a character to have not had his own film.

That’s why I don’t care to see it. You can’t expect people to give a fuck about characters when you haven’t expanded on their story. That’s why I believe X3 was so shitty. Let’s toss a ton of heroes on screen with little to no backstory and expect people to care.

There has to be a buildup, IMO. When I see Aquaman next year THEN maybe I’ll watch JL. It’ll probably mean more then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back