Just wondering, is Romero the only fighter with...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Superhuman reflexes? I know he lost to the extremely crafty Whittaker, but there was always that danger looming around from the soldier of God of exploding somehow and getting the win, which also makes Robert a very unique fighter!

He definitely has an ability to accelerate from 0 to 100 unlike anyone I have seen.

i thought you were gonna ask 'a neck thats about 2 inches long'

to which my answer would have been. yes. yes he is.

Just imagine if he was only 25...

you know Roy Jones Jr respects Romero's superhuman reflexes

Gotta think there's a prototype Cuban wrestler in his teens or 20's who could make the transition to the cage early. Pit him against Kyle Snyder in 5 years for a superfight.

Despite being 40 he's still more explosive than most ufc fighters, besides for his hand speed. His brother was an undefeated cruiserweight champion with two of the major belts before his injuries set in.

Despite all the sherdog BS he is a true A level athlete, alongside the likes of GSP. If only he had decent cardio he would be unstoppable.

Superhuman reflexes? I know he lost to the extremely crafty Whittaker, but there was always that danger looming around from the soldier of God of exploding somehow and getting the win, which also makes Robert a very unique fighter!
i used the line "he paces himself better than any other fighter, ever". here's my argument:
  • after years of wrestling with huge muscles, he learned how to conserve his energy.
  • which allows him to work slowly, potentially losing rounds
  • it almost cost him the Jacare fight.
  • but it also allows him to save some energy for the right time. he found those right times against Marks, Brunson, Kennedy, Weidman.
conclusion: if he didn't conserve energy and pace himself so well, he would have been too gassed to finish all those fights in the 3rd. like Rampage was v Evans when he clocked him in the 3rd and should have ended it...but was too tired and instead got him to the floor and lay there.

Only Chael comes to mind.

Anderson%252520Silva%252520vs%252520Chris%252520Leben.gif

silvavsfranklin2_medium.gif

45.gif

2saxlhf.gif

TartFarawayCranefly.gif

Yoels a freak but I think his 'moment' has passed
He had to beat Rob

Despite being 40 he's still more explosive than most ufc fighters, besides for his hand speed. His brother was an undefeated cruiserweight champion with two of the major belts before his injuries set in.

Despite all the sherdog BS he is a true A level athlete, alongside the likes of GSP. If only he had decent cardio he would be unstoppable.

He has good cardio, but not perfect. Obviously if you're THAT explosive and muscular you wont be able to fight with high volume for 25 minutes. That's how fast-twitch muscle fibre works and that's a big part of it.

Only one? No. Anderson comes to mind

But one of them for sure. The only one I can think of with this type of reflexes AND that type of explosive energy (#racism). I think this might be one of the most athletic fights in MMA history tbh. Two of the UFC's best athletes in the cage at the same time but with entirely different types of crazy athleticism

Yoel is a short jacked dude with ridiculous speed and power and Rockhold is a massive dude with crazy length, a ton of strength and great cardio for a dude his size

Actually can't wait for this main event it's going to be amazing

Nah. Fedor, Vitor, Anderson, GSP. And a bunch of others. The real difference is that Romero is usually losing the fight, And then Explores And suddenly win, while the others I mentioned usually both won most rounds, but were still explosive.

Back