just watched ruiz/holyfield II

reveler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
crazy fight! ruiz takes forever to recover from a low blow late in the fight and then comes on strong to close it out.

i basically knew ruiz from getting blasted out by haye and tua, and getting clowned by toney and rjj. but i guess he was able to win some big fights.

why does holyfield have so many fights where he has multiple rounds of inexplicable inactivity? was this his shoulder issue or something else?

90s, man.

actually it was 2001 but whatever.

This was the best of their three fights, and definitely the highlight of Ruiz's career. He almost got Holyfield out of there in the 11th.

Thought Tua killed him, still one of the most brutal kos in heavyweight boxing imo.

Who the hell watches a John Ruiz fight voluntarily? Are you currently being held by ISIS?

retaliatory low blow from ruiz was hilarious. this is such a great fight.

ruiz' face a mess but he kept going.

holyfield should have had points deducted for holding in the 11th. he was like randy couture in there.

Last edited:
the only reason to watch a Ruiz fight is to see what sort of batshit stuff his trainer got up to

How many rounds before you got bored of two topless grown men hugging each other?

When I think back to many of the heavyweight fights around this time I'm reminded how boring the heavies were back then.
We bash Wilder, AJ, Parker, and others.... but many of their fights are more exciting than some of the crap we got from 1999-2007

Holyfield was inactive in his later fights because he has taken insane amounts of punishment, because Ruiz is an awkward spoiler who mastered the craft of hugging, because Holyfield had a heart issue and actually retired for a while and because he was simply old as fuck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back