just rewatched jan vs izzy, rogan should be fired

I somewhat get it from some guys who rely on a job with the UFC, but Rogan is the one guy who could not shill at all and still have a job (not that he needs it anyway)

Yet he decides to completely shill and be a UFC mouthpiece so much that anyone who knows fighting can’t even really take what he says seriously because he’s so biased… I don’t know if he really is that much of a fanboy for anyone who is newer and hyped up, or if he is consciously just saying whatever he thinks is good for the UFC.

It’s old news at this point, but it still sucks. Rogan was one of the guys that got me really into MMA back when I was like 13.

I somewhat get it from some guys who rely on a job with the UFC, but Rogan is the one guy who could not shill at all and still have a job (not that he needs it anyway)

Yet he decides to completely shill and be a UFC mouthpiece so much that anyone who knows fighting can’t even really take what he says seriously because he’s so biased… I don’t know if he really is that much of a fanboy for anyone who is newer and hyped up, or if he is consciously just saying whatever he thinks is good for the UFC.

It’s old news at this point, but it still sucks. Rogan was one of the guys that got me really into MMA back when I was like 13.
That is what i seriously don't get.

DC and Bisping will shill their asses off cause they're former fighters who've been gifted with an opportunity to keep earning money in the UFC even if they're not participating in the sport anymore. They obviously don't have anywhere near the bank that Rogan has, they'll never bite the hand that feeds.

Rogan however though does not need anything from anybody. Dude's got FU level money yet still shamelessly shills for Dana and co.

That is what i seriously don't get.

DC and Bisping will shill their asses off cause they're former fighters who've been gifted with an opportunity to keep earning money in the UFC even if they're not participating in the sport anymore. They obviously don't have anywhere near the bank that Rogan has, they'll never bite the hand that feeds.

Rogan however though does not need anything from anybody. Dude's got FU level money yet still shamelessly shills for Dana and co.
Maybe we’re giving him too much credit, I think we assume he is shilling because he has been a fight fan for 40 years or so and has been a martial artist himself for like 35, and he’s a reasonably intelligent person, so you’d assume he’d be above getting sucked into all the fanboy hype bullshit he is always pushing, but maybe he is legitimately at that level as a fan/commentator and really thought Usman was the GOAT, and Izzy’s feints were more impressive than Jan actually landing strikes.

I mean he for real cried about how much of an inspiration Ronda is to women or whatever when she was at her peak lol. Maybe he really gets lost in the hype the way a kid who is just getting into MMA does.

I kinda envy that, the sport was more fun to watch when I was a naive kid who wasn’t all jaded and cynical about everything lol.

It's likely their job now, and he wasn't doing it purely due to his own bias.

See recent Gastelum fight, it was really damn close, they were exchanging blow for blow and you can argue Curtis edged it out.

But they were hyping it up as great return of Kelvin, or whatever, anyway.

So firing is..... not bloody likely.

Kelvin was 1-5 heading into that fight. I can see where they were coming from as he did look significantly better than he has done recently albeit against lesser competition.

That wasn't a dominant win by Jan
I like Jan and had Jan winning. But far from dominant. And Jan looked the LHW part.

Yeah, it was weird. They were acting like Izzy was winning the stand-up (and the fight) until Jan started landing takedowns. In reality, Jan was outstriking Izzy. He actually did better vs Izzy in the striking than any other opponent Izzy has faced, except for when Poatan KOd him - but even then Izzy had been getting the better of the striking until that point. Jan is the only guy who has actually outstruck Izzy to a decision.

It's likely their job now, and he wasn't doing it purely due to his own bias.

See recent Gastelum fight, it was really damn close, they were exchanging blow for blow and you can argue Curtis edged it out.

But they were hyping it up as great return of Kelvin, or whatever, anyway.

So firing is..... not bloody likely.
No way in hell Curtis won that fight

<30>

This is Joe nearly every fight. His bias shows on all his commentary rather than just providing the direction the fight actually unfolds. He's tough to listen to these days.

Thing is, they weren't really wrong on some of that. Jan did react too much to the feints. Jan did look slow and sloppy with his attacks.
And yet he still won fighting like that. It was very eye opening to see Adesanya lose like that against a near 40 year old who was fighting in a sloppy, slow manner.

I back. Hopeful for some action.
Edit: wrong thread.
But yeah, fuck frogan.

Interested in hearing Marloes Coenen and Stefan Struve instead?

dude was riding izzy's cock like a maniac, talking about izzy's feints like they were doing anything and ignoring jans output

cormier and anik are trash too, but rogan.. Christ almighty

Yeah man. I can’t stand the little weird tryhard. I don’t know if it’s virtue signaling or just a WEIRD favoritism he constantly shows CERTAIN fighters but… either way it’s pathetic and annoying.

Also his weird obsession with Chimps…

<{Heymansnicker}>

Thank God Izzy ripped Alex from consciousness…and went on to get the best feeling from revenge of any MMA championship history

Back