Just re-watched PRIDE 25... Is it the best card ever???

thelittleman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If it isn't the best card ever, which one is???

fedor_angry.gif

iz598j.jpg

2rw7scy.jpg

tumblr_n997by1vVo1qhndw9o1_500.gif

2saxlhf.gif

Those hammerfists that Elvis gave Saku must have had Saku pissing blood for years.

Devastating.

It was a very good event but there were a few PRIDE cards that were even better.

I LOVE that gif of Hendo literally throwing an unconscious corpse across the ring
Such a motherfucker

Shockwave 2004 as well, Fedor/Nog 3, Wanderlei/Hunt, Gomi/Pulver and Chonan/Anderson.

One of the best for sure.
PRIDE was awesome.

If we're talking great Pride cards, Dynamite! is tremendous.

It was a very good event but there were a few PRIDE cards that were even better.
Indeed...the final conflicts for instance. But i love this card. The dvd got alot of mileage.

25 is one of the great ones but even that year Final Conflict is one of the greatest cards of all time. It's jsut hit after hit after hit.

Final Conflict 2005 has more legendary fights but not as much action so it depends on what you're looking for

It might also be recency bias and watching it as it happened, but the last Rizin card, NYE 2017 Day 2, is, near unquestionably, one of the greatest cards of all time. 12 fights, not a single one of them is even AVERAGE. Horiguchi/Kape was dramatic, Otsuka/Ishiwatari was a great back and forth fight until Ishiwatari started flurrying like a madman, the two kickboxing fights were stellar, RENA's KO and Asakura's submission were great, Yusuke Yachi vs Takanori Gomi is one of the most fun starts to a fight ever, Cro Cop killed a man, a murder in kickboxing, RENA/Asakura's dramatics and then Horiguchi scorching Ishiwatari in the finals. No card has ever reached the heights that Rizin card did. UFC 199 is pretty close but I don't think it touches rizin's outing.

EFN 50 is one of the biggest emotional journies i've ever been on. The card lasted 3 days, had 102 fights, was commentated by one man with the most broken english ever, there were spider robots and men with boogeyman fingers, it was truly SPARKLING.

EFN 50 is one of the biggest emotional journies i've ever been on. The card lasted 3 days, had 102 fights, was commentated by one man with the most broken english ever, there were spider robots and men with boogeyman fingers, it was truly SPARKLING.
It was truly sparkling indeed, and almost tremendous.

Back