Just got the Brown Belt.

Congratulations man. I remember your posts.

So young, congrats man.

You kinda threw some mud in that post, but the accomplishment is impressive. It is my wish to have gotten to to your level by your age. The brown I've heard is like a masters and black is like a PhD. So you're of the age where experimenting should be right in line with your maturity. I think most of us (I'm 29 and "nearing" a purple belt) feel like we are late to the party and should have started when we were in our teens. So, although we're mature enough to think creatively -- and want to -- we're only able to experiment and brainstorm to an extent because there are so many holes in our games in terms of basics. Living with the parents or not, you seem to be in a great position for jiu jitsu.

Well done and awesome pic of you with JJ.

not just a brown belt, but a brown belt from jean jacques machado. that is pretty awesome. thanks for the post. i'm starting bjj now at 31 years old and in truth i don't really care about rank, i just want to learn the skills. what i like about your story is that you kept with it even with life getting in the way. congrats.

Frickin A, Rick. Congrats! Long time comin.

Now start coming to day classes so you can whoop on the likes of me and your bro!

Congratulations on a huge accomplishment at such a young age. The discipline and resolve you've shown will serve you well throughout your life.

Nice story dude ! I am also thinking of making one of those grappling dummies to practice on my own.

I started training BJJ when I was 29. :( My only hope is to get my BB before I turn 40.

i'm in the same boat as you. a wife, kid, and having a fulltime job takes so much time. add in the age factor and recovery time, getting a bb by the time i'm 40 is the fast track...

resendiz:

how many times a week do you roll?

Well done. You have some serious dedication to do what you did, and the way you did it.

Inspiring story man! That's a huge accomplishment there.

I started training at 19 too. I just turned 21 in Feb and am getting close to purple. So by 24 I hope to be at brown too, that would be amazing. Nothing better than being able to train a few days a week and getting rewarded for it.

Congratulations man!

Nice bro, torrid pace, unfortunate that you had to take time off.
I started at 13 as a completely out of shape fat ass, now I'm 17 and inching towards that purple, I'm aiming to have my Black Belt by 20-21.

That is so aweome, congrats and good job on all the hard work.

Do you compete often or train a lot?

Awesome job! Congratulations, sir! With that work ethic your black is literally right around the corner. I think I was a brown belt myself for only about a year and a half. You may get it quicker.

Again, Congratulations! Well earned.

Back