Just for the record, that KO meme of EconoReem...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is an illusion! By that I mean, it's not as bad as everyone think. Reem was trying to avoid that punch so bad, but the long reach made him look like he was ready for launching like a rocket off the ground. In other words, it was similar to Spider-Man's clowning and the Chris' famous KO!

It also means, the hype is fake and if you're a betting man, Stipe is your man! They say, the punches that you don't see coming are the ones that usually put you to sleep, So Reem was bobbing and weaving when he got caught. Think about it, if that punch was as hard as it looked, Reem would be in the morgue instead of the gym!

Last edited:
Overreem would've rather taken a bullet than this bazooka of a punch.
giphy.gif

Is an illusion! By that I mean, it's not as bad as everyone think. Reem was trying to avoid that punch so bad, but the long reach made him look like he was ready for launching like a rocket off the ground. In other words, it was similar to Spider-Man's clowning and the Chris' famous KO!

It also means, the hype is fake and if you're a betting man, Stipe is your man! They say, the punches that you don't see coming are the ones that usually put you to sleep, So Reem was bobbing and weaving when he got caught. Think about it, if that punch was as hard as it looked, Reem would be in the morgue instead of the gym!

I got bath salts for christmas

Is that why it took him like 5 minutes to wake up?

LMAO that shitty damage control so late after the fight.

While the TS appears to be a Stipe fan, he must be a Fedor fan to make up something that far-fetched to discredit Ngannou.

The fact that the Reem was bobbing and weaving as hard as he was likely means his stance at the moment of impact wasn't the best to absorb it. So the punch probably had an exaggerated effect. That much I'll grant you, and it's actually a point that needs to be made.

But to use the words "illusion" and "fake" is whistling in the dark. (Braced for the inevitable Woodley gif...)

Overreem would've rather taken a bullet than this bazooka of a punch.
giphy.gif

That "bazooka" was mostly an arm punch. He's big enough that that still can generate a KO, but it was more about Reem leaving his glass chin in a vulnerable spot(his neck didn't even support his small skull).

The fact that the Reem was bobbing and weaving as hard as he was likely means his stance at the moment of impact wasn't the best to absorb it. So the punch probably had an exaggerated effect. That much I'll grant you, and it's actually a point that needs to be made.

But to use the words "illusion" and "fake" is whistling in the dark. (Braced for the inevitable Woodley gif...)
It is an illusion that he looked as if his head was separated from his body because he went up and got caught at the end of the punch!

It is an illusion that he looked as if his head was separated from his body because he went up and got caught at the end of the punch!

Oh I see now what you're talking about. You're saying people are mistaking how powerful the punch is because they're reading the Reem's head motion as all due to Ngannou's punch, when it's actually the way his head was moving anyways.

Maybe...but wouldn't the fact that his head was moving away at the moment of impact help lessen the actual impact? Like rolling with the punches works?

Agreed, it was more of a slap really

Reem got knocked the fuck out.

Then the other dude shoved both his arms up Reem's ass and started clapping.

That, my friend, is a knockout.

Back