Just for Kicks: Conor vs. Cowboy

Conor vs. Cowboy at 155 lbs

• Total voters
Donald also isn't nearly as durable to the head or body..

His BJJ is years behind nates.. Same with boxing

Hes far better with kicks, and wrestling. Possibly clinch too

Diaz beat that ass already once
he' pretty durable to the head he has only been dropped 2 times by guillard a known power puncher and RDA(first fight) and recovered rather quickly
he is susceptible to body kicks tho since both his tko losses were started off with a liver kick
his BJJ is good enough to tap mcgregor imo

Nate has not been known for power punches and he usually wins by peppering people down. He was hurting Conor with simple 1-2 strikes. Cerrone hits much harder plus he seems to be actually using game plans lately. I would bet on Cowboy probably finishing Conor especially in a 5 rounder.

Donald also isn't nearly as durable to the head or body..

His BJJ is years behind nates.. Same with boxing

Hes far better with kicks, and wrestling. Possibly clinch too

Diaz beat that ass already once
That was ancient history Cowboy is much improved and like 12-1 since not to mention styles make fights. I'd like to roll that one back though. Much more than seeing conor vs cowboy

I want to see the top wrestlers who dont gas GnPing Conor.

When Conor had the chance to fight Cowboy, he choose to fight someone on vacation in Cabo instead. That should tell you all you need to know.

Conor could catch him and put him in serious trouble with his boxing and body kicks, but Cowboy is very well rounded and presents a lot of threats.

If Conor had better cardio I might give him the edge but as it is, it's a tough call.

Cowboy has awkward as fuck boxing. It always looks so weird when he starts a combination like he needs to remember how to throw a jab/cross. I don't see him being able to kick his way out of the boxing pressure. He also seems susceptible to kicks.

if cerrone had a stronger chin, i would pick him confidently. because he doesnt, i only pick him with reservations.
how is his chin not strong he has been dropped 2 times in 39 pro fights 1 with guillard a known power puncher and he got up right away and ko'd him seconds later and RDA(1st fight) and he also got up right away

his body is not very durable especially liver kicks but he has a damn good durable chin

I'll say what I usually say. Conor needs the KO in the first two rounds or else Cowboy will take it.

Conor has the better boxing; Cerrone has the better Muay Thai and Cardio. And obviously Cerrones ground game is way way better.

Edit: Cerrone is very inconsistent; so my opinion is either could win. If Cerrone used his kicks and stayed at a distance he'd probably win (or if he took Conor down he'd win easily, his wrestling is pretty good when he rarely uses it); if he rushed Conor and stayed in boxing range he'd likely lose.

cowboy has all of Diaz's positive traits like cardio,chin,bjj

but he also hits harder,more diverse striker,really good wrestling and cowboy mixed striking with takedowns really good as of late

kYxiRk4.gif
Holy shit, that may be the greatest mma
Gif I've ever seen

Cowboy can clinch and wrestle for a round until Conor gasses and then KO or submit Conor.

but he also hits harder,more diverse striker,really good wrestling and cowboy mixed striking with takedowns really good as of late

kYxiRk4.gif
his boxing is not at good as Nate's; that's why when he fought stupid and rushed Nate and fought at boxing range he was destroyed. Had he used his Muay Thai he would have won easily; but in boxing he's not nearly as good.

I do think Cerrone could take Conor down and submit him easily if he tried to. But that's a huge question, he's always loved to trade even if it's not the best idea.

How do you see this fight turning out?

Cowboy is sick of McGregor and wants to shut his mouth (after smashing it)!

Donald Cerrone definitely wasn't one of the neutrals on Saturday night.

Less than an hour after claiming another stunning finish in his new home of welterweight, 'Cowboy' settled in to watch the rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC 202.

And Cerrone, who has previous with both headliners, was not in two minds about who he was hoping to see win.

"I was back there hooting and hollering for Nate," Cerrone said in his post-fight interview. "Like, 'Come on, man, get it!'

"So I was upset. A couple times I had it 1-1, then 2-1. But I was really pulling for Nate on that fight, (I had been) looking forward to it.

"Now I gotta listen to this fucking dude (McGregor) talk again, forever. So I'm not looking forward to that. 'The king is back?'"

Cerrone was beaten by Diaz back in 2011 but he has since claimed that the beef has been squashed between the pair and he believes that it was the kicking game of 'The Notorious' that won the rematch for him.

"I don't know what Nate was doing when he goes out there and boxes. I think the kicking kind of took him off his game. I'm not really sure," he said.

Cerrone and McGregor have gone back-and-forth in press conferences in the past and an eventual meeting may not be that far away as 'Cowboy' insisted that he wants to return to lightweight for a title fight after his victory over Rick Story while McGregor has made no secret of his desire to compete at 155 lbs.

We'd certainly pay to see it.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/donald-...onor-mcgregor-from-backstage-at-ufc-202/92401
I hate this fight I've been a huge (probaly my favorite fighter )cerrone fan for years since the tap out show , and now mcgregor is on top of that list so I don't know who I would root for . At WW cerrone wins I think bit at LW I would pick mcgregor

This but much worst...Cowboy is a slow starter and can't box for shit. Conor is too quick for Cowboy.

A fighter from a lower weightclass is faster than someone in a higher weightclass ?
My mind just exploded

What next, Anderson was faster than Forrest !?

im a big fan of Conor, but Cerrone destroy him.

his boxing is not at good as Nate's; that's why when he fought stupid and rushed Nate and fought at boxing range he was destroyed. Had he used his Muay Thai he would have won easily; but in boxing he's not nearly as good.

I do think Cerrone could take Conor down and submit him easily if he tried to. But that's a huge question, he's always loved to trade even if it's not the best idea.
yup the diaz fight was a huge brain fart for cowboy no way he should of lost that fight with his diverse striking game

kYxiRk4.gif
Damn, that looks awesome! Cowboy all day!!!

yup the diaz fight was a huge brain fart for cowboy no way he should of lost that fight with his diverse striking game
That's the thing about him; if he followed a game plan he'd win almost every time. But you have no idea what he's going to do in a fight.

Against Conor the smart thing would be to stay away, kick him from outside wear him down then take him down at the first opportunity and submit him; if he did that he'd win basically every time. But there's no assurance he wouldn't stand close and trade. He just loves to bang, even when he shouldn't.

I think part of it is he wants to entertain the fans more than win; I remember he's apologized for fighting smart and kicking shorter opponents from the outside.

Edit: Cowboy is my favorite UFC fighter, he was my favorite WEC fighter too.

That's the thing about him; if he followed a game plan he'd win almost every time. But you have no idea what he's going to do in a fight.

Against Conor the smart thing would be to stay away, kick him from outside wear him down then take him down at the first opportunity and submit him; if he did that he'd win basically every time. But there's no assurance he wouldn't stand close and trade. He just loves to bang, even when he shouldn't.

I think part of it is he wants to entertain the fans more than win; I remember he's apologized for fighting smart and kicking shorter opponents from the outside.

Edit: Cowboy is my favorite UFC fighter, he was my favorite WEC fighter too.
he has been fighting smarter lately i like how he is throwing in more takedowns like he did to story and cote it makes him less predictable

Back