Just a reminder that the future credibility of boxing is at stake when AJ fights Ngannou

I chose a random MMA gym and had a look at their pro team coaches @DoctorTaco. As you can see both general "striking" coaches and dedicated boxing coaches are listed at American Top Team (ATT).
ATT-coaches.png

[QUOTE="Kovalev's Man Bag, post: 172985422, member: 505713"] .com/pro-coaches/[/QUOTE]
that’s sort of funny, I know dyah. watch some clips of him working with his fighters- it’s pure sweet science.

My point isn’t that mma guys don’t work on their striking, it’s that most/all high level mma fighters have pure boxing coaches, often local guys in their area. So when they want to cross over to box they have some experience already

A boxing novice knocking down the reigning HW champion and arguably winning on points, then beating one of the other 3 biggest names in HW boxing over the last decade, with the knowledge that he could whoop both of them all in a real fight anyway, probably even just standup, effectively ends boxing as an elite combat sport that can be taken seriously compared to MMA.

I don't agree with all of this, but like it or not it will become the popular opinion if Joshua doesn't prevail.

Ray mercer vs Tim sylvia. Nothing more embarrassing then that

that’s sort of funny, I know dyah. watch some clips of him working with his fighters- it’s pure sweet science.

My point isn’t that mma guys don’t work on their striking, it’s that most/all high level mma fighters have pure boxing coaches, often local guys in their area. So when they want to cross over to box they have some experience already
Yes. Actual boxing coaches are training these top MMA fighters. There's something to be said for actual competitive boxing experience though. Ngannou doesn't have that. Other than going 10 rounds with Fury and an exhibition match against Takam, he's green as they come in that department even though he has some boxing skills.

Thats a nice way of framing it but it's potentially extremely damaging.
Mike Tyson went from being "the baddest man on the planet" and considered the most dangerous unarmed man alive, before MMA got popular. Now we have an MMA guy crossing over and possibly whooping the elite of boxing in the one area of combat they are supposed to be superior at, in their own rules and conditions. It maybe doesnt come across so bad now because of how far boxing has already fallen in the public mind regarding combat in general, but since I remember the pedastal it was held to its clear to me how risky this is to the entire business.

Nope, never said anything like that since I have watched boxing since I was a kid. Its not a complete version of a fight but its still good in its element. My defending Wing Chun has never had any bearing on me being able to appreciate and watch boxing.
My favourite complete fighting style is MMA. Specifically UFC. With the perfectly legit true to fighting street fight. My favourite moves are groin strikes, eye pokes, head buts, soccer kicks, head stomps, 12-6 elbows. And the most realistic of them all to being stood up when the ground game is too boring

My favourite complete fighting style is MMA. Specifically UFC. With the perfectly legit true to fighting street fight. My favourite moves are groin strikes, eye pokes, head buts, soccer kicks, head stomps, 12-6 elbows. And the most realistic of them all to being stood up when the ground game is too boring
Rounds, rules, mouthguards, groin protectors, gloves, training camps and studying film on opponents, clearly MMA is identical to street fighting. There's no difference.

That’s the crazy thing, when the total nobody who just walks the street throws the hardest punch a professional fighter ever felt kinda shit. Some people do hard shit for a living and there are no days off or nursing injuries, just eating and not eating. Don’t test your hands or takedown speed with a boxer and don’t underestimate someone who does hard labor for a living. Nothing like a dense calloused fist that looks like it belongs to Marvels The Thing that’s attached to Popeyes forearms that’s repeating a punching like motion for 15 years slamming into your skull.
There's no one hitting harder then elite boxers cause they do manual labour. That's mega cope

A boxing novice knocking down the reigning HW champion and arguably winning on points, then beating one of the other 3 biggest names in HW boxing over the last decade, with the knowledge that he could whoop both of them all in a real fight anyway, probably even just standup, effectively ends boxing as an elite combat sport that can be taken seriously compared to MMA.

I don't agree with all of this, but like it or not it will become the popular opinion if Joshua doesn't prevail.

I was thinking to myself the other day how in hindsight, it was such a shock to people that Ngannou had success when boxers like Deontay Wilder exist. People are very quick to forget how prior to his fight with Fury, Wilder was windmilling and sleeping dudes left, right and centre.

At the end of the day Ngannou is built like a tank with a solid chin and the ability sleep anyone and thats all it takes to go far regardless of the perceived skill difference of his opponent. As much as people like to think skill will prevail, you could drop guys like Ngannou and Wilder into any Era of boxing and they’d stand a decent chance of sleeping anyone they get put against.

Last edited:
I was thinking to myself the other day how in hindsight, it was such a shock to people that Ngannou had success when boxers like Deontay Wilder exist. People are very quick to forget how prior to his fight with Fury, Wilder was windmilling and sleeping dudes left, right and centre.

At the end of the day Ngannou is built like a tank with a solid chin and the ability sleep anyone and thats all it takes to go far regardless of the perceived skill difference of his opponent. As much as people like to think skill will prevail and that boxing has been on the decline from the gold era, you could drop guys like Ngannou and Wilder into any Era of boxing and they’d be a good chance they sleep anyone they get put against.
That tells you more about the heavyweight era we're in than anything. Ngannou had quite a bit of success against Fury but that doesn't necessarily mean that he'll have it against Joshua, Usyk, Zhang, etc. Styles make fights.

Yes. Actual boxing coaches are training these top MMA fighters. There's something to be said for actual competitive boxing experience though. Ngannou doesn't have that. Other than going 10 rounds with Fury and an exhibition match against Takam, he's green as they come in that department even though he has some boxing skills.
Np argument here.

And he didn't knock Carlos out, unlike every other top heavyweight, including AJ.
Joshua's win over Takam was a premature stoppage. The only fighter to actually KO Takam in his prime was Povetkin in 2014. The rest of them only managed to stop (TKO) him after he was past prime.

Whilst I'm expecting AJ to win comfortably on pts can't completely rule out Francis catching him with something. Agreed it would make hw boxing look pretty bad. But still going with AJ on pts boxing safely.

There's no one hitting harder than elite boxers cause they do manual labour. That's mega cope
Cry me a river, if everyone on earth boxed, your favorites mightve never would’ve broken the top 50. Boxers are the guys who chose to box, not automatically hardest natural punchers on earth. How fucking stupid.

Last edited:
I mean, if the future of the free world is at stake, who better than AJ.
True. He already saved the heavyweight division when he knocked out Klitschko in 2017. Prior to that fight nobody cared about the heavyweights.

He had an exhibition fight against Carlos Takam in 2015.

My man!!! Exactly what I was telling that dude he has no idea what he’s talking about I was gonna post that pic but some of these fans don’t know the history like we do that’s for damn sure. Salute my G

Cry me a river, if everyone on earth boxed, your favorites mightve never would’ve broken the top 50. Boxers are the guys who chose to box, not automatically hardest natural punchers on earth. How fucking stupid.
But everyone on earth doesn't box, and your fat ass might not know this. But technique plays a absolutely massive role in punching power goofy

Back