Junior Dos Santos: "I will finish Stipe Miocic in the 2nd round"

JDS is my fav HW but I also like Stipe very much, its going to be a competitive fight again and if there is a finish its just gonna be that one guy lands a good shot rather than one dominating the other till that point. Really want to see JDS get the belt back.....and if he does the first order of business I would like is to bring that OVereem in there so JDS can and knock his ass out.

Funnily enough, before the first fight he predicted he'd KO Stipe in the second round. So will it be the second, the second time around? or will he be wrong twice? Remember: two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Of course JDS is confident, he doesn't have to worry about Cain wrasslin' him to death.

JDS all day. He still has a chin on him.

I'll take Stipe. He isn't resting on his laurels. That's not to say JDS is, it's more of a testament to Miocic's will. Dude has maintained the his hunger past winning the title. He's isn't as battle worn as JDS, despite being the older man. He hasn't looked bad in years (2012 to be exact). He battered JDS in their first fight. He's good enough now to close the door on JDS.

I'm split on who to root for, both great fighters and nice guys.

I feel JDS isn't back to his peek form, that Ben fight still is suspect to me, performance wise he took damage even in that fight that he dominated.

I'm currently favoring Stipe.. witch will have @Final Say with wood and talk about GOATs after. :D

Last edited:
Very high level HW fight and much more on the line this time. Kinda hope JDS wins but mostly because i don't want to see him lose another war.

wrong.gif

I really wish I could shoop Stiopic's head on Ahnold's body and Junior's on the other dude, it'd be so perfect.

I won't be surprised if some hardcore JDS fans shit on me for this post, but whatever.

Stipe will win this time IMO, but it's definitely not going to be easy.

He will make the necessary adjustments (already has) and win a clear decision. Junior is still the same fighter for the most part. I'm sure a bunch of people will disagree with me when I say that, but they obviously haven't been paying attention/watching close enough.

Stiopic has improved significantly since their first fight a few years ago. Junior has improved too, but overall, he really is still very much the same fighter. Junior has been pretty much the same for almost 10 years, honestly. I'm a huge fan of Junior, always have been and always will be, but he's too predictable.

I'm not going to get into all the details because there's really no point, but I feel Stiopic has become just a little bit better than Junior has since 2014. There's a few specific things in Junior's game that I believe Stipe will take full advantage of this time and Junior will fail to adapt much like he did against Cain in the 2nd and 3rd fights (his corner deserves a lot of the blame, they gave him zero real advice at all in both fights).

I'm not saying Junior can't possibly win because that would be absolutely retarded. It's that I believe Stipe has improved more over the last few years, will make the necessary adjustments for Junior's style, will fight more intelligently and gameplan the shit out of him. I see Stipe taking a clear decision after another tough, back and forth war.

All I know is, it's going to be a damn good fight and I'm really looking forward to it.

Inb4 idiots that don't know what they're watching try to argue with me.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the rematch, their first fight was awesome. Should be another war. I like both guys a lot.. I'm slightly leaning towards JDS, but Stipe will be a hard challenge for sure. Respect to both guys

Their first fight was close. I'm picking Cigano to win via KO tho.

I believe

The first fight wasn't even close (tough fight tho, JDS clearly won)

wrong.gif

I really wish I could shoop Stiopic's head on Ahnold's body and Junior's on the other dude, it'd be so perfect.

I won't be surprised if some hardcore JDS fans shit on me for this post, but whatever.

Stipe will win this time IMO, but it's definitely not going to be easy.

He will make the necessary adjustments (already has) and win a clear decision. Junior is still the same fighter for the most part. I'm sure a bunch of people will disagree with me when I say that, but they obviously haven't been paying attention/watching close enough.

Stiopic has improved significantly since their first fight a few years ago. Junior has improved too, but overall, he really is still very much the same fighter. Junior has been pretty much the same for almost 10 years, honestly. I'm a huge fan of Junior, always have been and always will be, but he's too predictable.

I'm not going to get into all the details because there's really no point, but I feel Stiopic has become just a little bit better than Junior has since 2014. There's a few specific things in Junior's game that I believe Stipe will take full advantage of this time and Junior will fail to adapt much like he did against Cain in the 2nd and 3rd fights (his corner deserves a lot of the blame, they gave him zero real advice at all in both fights).

I'm not saying Junior can't possibly win because that would be absolutely retarded. It's that I believe Stipe has improved more over the last few years, will make the necessary adjustments for Junior's style, will fight more intelligently and gameplan the shit out of him. I see Stipe taking a clear decision after another tough, back and forth war.

All I know is, it's going to be a damn good fight and I'm really looking forward to it.

Inb4 idiots that don't know what they're watching try to argue with me.

I thought Overeem/Miocic was a pretty sloppy fight for a title fight. Miocic's game plays right into JDS's strengths in my opinion. This fight is 50/50.

Said the man who face planted himself to knocking himself out.

Back