Julianna Pena wants to pursue new UFC women’s flyweight title

She can probably make weight. In fact, i think shed be the absolute worst matchup for jj
Probably, because she would be much heavier than JJ. She does not deserve to be UFC champion and hope she will never be. Gegard would laugh at WMMA again.

Pena is making 125?

At least she's got enough sense to realize she's full of her self with the "big head" comment.

I thought she was being litteral rather than figurative as in her cranium is really large like Tito-esque

I think she's hoping that her size advantage will outweigh (pun intended) the skillset of strawweights who are moving up to 125lbs.

Everybody hates living in that house after a few weeks but this psycho wants back in.

I guess for her it beats trying to function in society.

She'd get merked by Valentina (again) Joanna, Gadelha and prob Andrade. Sloppy takedowns with shit striking will only get you so far.
She hardly got "merked" by Valentina by just getting caught in a submission in a competitive fight.

She's always been on the smaller side of 135 so this might be the place for her.
giphy.gif

Both she and Miesha Tate have long touted that she has always been a smaller 135 lb fighter and she's maintained that the cuts have been very easy for her at 135 (she typically says that she "woke up on weight"every fight). And, actually, I think that not having to cut as much was a big help to her in her first stint on the show where they have to make weight over and over in a short time frame. That's not something that is easy if you have to cut a lot.

Probably, because she would be much heavier than JJ. She does not deserve to be UFC champion and hope she will never be. Gegard would laugh at WMMA again.

IF Pena isn't lying about her weight, and that's a big if, she's only got a few pounds on Joanna. JJ is about 130 when she steps into the cage so her walk around weight is likely in the 130-135 range. Not that it matters, Joanna beats her ass without too much trouble.

Nice read:
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-pursue-new-ufc-womens-flyweight-title-051917

“I was asking Dana [White] if I could get back in the house and have a crack at that belt finally,” Pena revealed when speaking to “TUF Talk” recently. “I fought at [125 pounds] a couple of times in my career so it’s not hard for me to make the weight. I walk naturally around 135 [pounds], a couple pounds heavier, so making 125 is not a problem for me.

“I think I would steamroll all the girls at 125 pounds but then again I’ve kind of got that big head thing going on.”

Pena is just another overrated pretty face. Shevchenko exposed her.

She could possibly win the belt but would lose it once Val goes down and JJ goes up

Yet another season of TUF that few will watch coming at us.

Why because it's Women? I enjoyed the Gadelha v. Jedrecek season /shrug. No worse than most of the guy versions in my opinion. Let's face it, most of the fights on that show are shit anyway. Might as well see some TnA. ;)

She either could do that....oooooor she could learn how to fight first

Back