News Julia Ormond sues CAA

One of the hidden gems of the 90's. Her most memorable role for me.
MV5BMTc4OTU4ODgxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ5MjIyOA@@._V1_.jpg

Weinstein is a lowlife but let's not pretend that many actresses through the years didn't get their start by banging somebody who had the connections to get them into acting. Then the actress can threaten to expose them unless they keep getting them parts. There's always pretty young women who want to be actresses.

When you see an actress that had a promising career and then basically fall flat on her face...well, you know why.

Hopefully Fat Harv is enjoying his time in prison.

3 of my friends are COs and were assigned to guard him while he was on trial. They said he cat called every woman they rolled him by in hsi wheelchair.

Guttenberg's last hurrah in film was the year 1990. Which was a shame, as he was quite polished in Don't Tell Her It's Me. Perhaps above the others, I would have liked to have seen him in more zany roles and romps throughout the 90's.

Robert Hays is another actor who did not see a push during the 90's, even after the underrated Honeymoon Academy in 1989.

I watched Dream a Little Dream with Corey Feldman and his poor performance there really made me appreciate what Charlie Schlatter did in 18 Again with a similar premise. Schlatter was never a serious thespian but he had quite a likable on screen quality...kind of like Michael J. Fox.

A guy like Casey Siemaszko...is a good actor but sort of the total opposite of a leading man. Kind of like Keith Gordon. Siemaszko was probably quite fortunate to land the lead role in Three O'Clock High after which it mostly slowed down pretty quickly...but at the same time he was very good in Three O'Clock High.

Steve Guttenberg...was kind of like Schlatter. In most of the stuff I saw him in he wasn't doing much in the way of serious acting...but he was just generally likable.

Thus adding to the fucking problem, predator.

I'm not supporting that scumbag Weinstein, nor do I condone his behavior, nor have I ever done anything like he did. I'm saying it's awfully ironic an over-the-hill actress is NOW looking for reparations. You fuckin' moron.

Have you any idea how rape screws you up?

No, but please tell us how it affected you.

it's awfully ironic an over-the-hill actress is NOW looking for reparations. You fuckin' moron.

I'm with you until this part^^^

There is a very simple explanation. She has a tough case to prove but it's a fuck of a lot easier to prove now that all of those women have testified with similar stories and Weinstein has been convicted.

Her lawsuit looks suspect in the 90s, they'd just call her whacky. Huge difference now.

I get where you're coming from, you'd like to see these predators beaten down early but I don't agree that she's filing now just because she looks busted. Not when there is a rational explanation.

I watched Dream a Little Dream with Corey Feldman and his poor performance there really made me appreciate what Charlie Schlatter did in 18 Again with a similar premise. Schlatter was never a serious thespian but he had quite a likable on screen quality...kind of like Michael J. Fox.

A guy like Casey Siemaszko...is a good actor but sort of the total opposite of a leading man. Kind of like Keith Gordon. Siemaszko was probably quite fortunate to land the lead role in Three O'Clock High after which it mostly slowed down pretty quickly...but at the same time he was very good in Three O'Clock High.

Steve Guttenberg...was kind of like Schlatter. In most of the stuff I saw him in he wasn't doing much in the way of serious acting...but he was just generally likable.

Charlie Schlatter always reminded me of a less urgent David Andrews. He was well cast on Diagnosis: Murder, which is on the same level, if not better than Matlock.

Casey Siemaszko is another fascinating mention, evermore known for his regulators dialog. I have seen Three O'Clock High and place it in the same vein as Class, which was also Siemaszko's first film. He could be seen as the 1980's version of 1970's Jackie Earle Haley.

If you haven't seen Don't Tell Her It's Me, it's worth watching at least once. Guttenberg is as silly as ever, but he does bring an additional element to the role. It also stars the lovely Jami Gertz and Shelley Long.

I'm not supporting that scumbag Weinstein, nor do I condone his behavior, nor have I ever done anything like he did. I'm saying it's awfully ironic an over-the-hill actress is NOW looking for reparations. You fuckin' moron.

Lmao because Weinstein finally getting convicted now couldnt possibly have anything to do with it.

Lmao because Weinstein finally getting convicted now couldnt possibly have anything to do with it.

the key thing that you need to remember is that when a woman comes forward with a claim that she was sexually assaulted, she usually comes forward too soon or too late or she is too emotional or she not emotional enough or she refuses to share her identify because she has something to hide or she does press interviews because she wants the attention

At the risk of distracting from the much more serious issues that Ormond has brought forward in her case, some very fun Hollywood agent on agent violence now taking place.

Ari Emanuel (WME) went out of his way to criticize the CAA partners for not taking a leave of absence due to Ormond lawsuit. He raised concerns about whether any of the powerful women that CAA represents should stand for CAA's conduct.

The CAA partners fired back that Ari works closely with Dana White (noted wife beater) and Vince McMahon (noted sexual pest who directed tens of millions of company money to pay off women who he harassed) and that maybe he should take care of his own business.

Not in the articles below but they are also taking shots at each other for being greedy. In this case, not properly sharing the windfalls from outside investments with their staff/agents.

This is mostly funny because the men involved are all well known scumbag assholes who care only about lining their own pockets. And everybody that is interviewing them KNOWS that they are scumbag assholes who only care about lining their own pockets. But it makes fun copy.

Hollywood baby!!!!

https://www.thewrap.com/ari-emanuel-snipes-caa-julia-ormond-harvey-weinstein-lawsuit/

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/b...pocritical-julia-ormond-weinstein-1235754505/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back