Juan Archuleta vs Ricky Bandejas Set For Bellator 214 BW Bout

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/juan-archuleta-bantamweight-ricky-bandejas-bellator-214

A bantamweight bout between Juan Archuleta and Ricky Bandejas is the latest addition to January’s Bellator 214 lineup.

MMAjunkie verified the booking between Archuleta (21-1 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) and Bandejas (11-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) with a person close to the situation following an initial report from FloCombat.com. The person requested anonymity because the UFC has yet to make an official announcement.

Bellator 214 takes place Jan. 26 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif. The card airs on Paramount and streams on following prelims on MMAjunkie.

Archuleta, 31, will get a quick turnaround following his unanimous decision victory over Jason Spoon at Bellator 210 in November. The successful performance pushed his remarkable winning streak to 16 consecutive fights. The former three-division King of the Cage champion made his previous four Bellator appearances at featherweight, but will be returning to 135 pounds for the first time since December 2016 for the upcoming matchup.

As Archuleta attempts to continue his streak, Bandejas, 27, will be looking to down another fighter with momentum. Bandejas picked up a memorable victory in his Bellator debut at Bellator 204 in August when he knocked out brash Conor McGregor teammate James Gallagher inside three minutes. Now he gets the toughest test of his career in Archuleta.

With the addition, the Bellator 214 card now includes:

• Fedor Emelianenko vs. Ryan Bader – for vacant heavyweight title
  • Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. Rafael Lovato Jr. – for middleweight title
  • Henry Corrales vs. Aaron Pico
  • Jake Hager vs. J.W. Kiser
  • Juan Archuleta vs. Ricky Bandejas

Thats a great fight and a nice addition to round out this card. Good to see Ricky and Juan both get a legit fight against each other.

Also another win for Bellator UFC has cancelled their event this day so Bellator will be running alone on that night.

Solid card, althought I could do without Jack Swagger. I know he is a name and has a legit wrestling background, but I could really do without it. Rest of the main card is great. Can't wait.

Wasting no time in throwing Ricky to the wolves. Dude really made a splash against James, but Archuleta is much more seasoned. Fight is intriguing for sure.

This card is incredible

Juan about to sacrifice another fool on his way to 2 or 3 belts.

Really good fight! Archuleta can fight at any division lol. He hold 4 titles at kotc. Bandejas is no joke. Great adition to the card

Solid card, althought I could do without Jack Swagger. I know he is a name and has a legit wrestling background, but I could really do without it..

That's the whole selling point top level talent, prospects 1# contender match at BW and the Unkown is he a Brock lesnar or a CM punk

great card, winner of this one will be a good contender for Caldwell

I thought Bantamweight was dead in Bellator. When Bandejas starched Gallagher, nobody really gave a shit about the title implications lol.

Winner should get Darion Caldwell next.

Back