Joshua vs Klitschko

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
What a bloody fight. It was such a crazy bout. Wlad dropping AJ hard, after AJ dropped him and then AJ coming back to win via KO in a round he shouldn't have won in. That match was amazing and Wlad went out on his shield but AJ was ready too as well. Both guys were hurt multiple times.

Spectacular and respect to both guys for putting it all on the line.

HW Boxing is far from dead!

Why make a new thread? there is already a bigger one.

Yea Wlad had him hurt bad in the 6th. If he went for it, he could have finished Joshua. Wlad has been way too technical for his own good. I was surprised at how fast Wlads hands were tonight. But man, that uppercut in the 11th might have ended Wlads great career

i was shocked wlad got up from the first knockdown, to be honest.

the way he was bent over and took 5 seconds to fall down, it thought he was out cold. AJ tore the kitchen sink out and smashed it on wlad's head, it seemed.

and when he hit joshua in the 6th, the punch was like a bullet. i was again sure it was over, joshua looked completely out of it.

what a rollercoaster of a fight, haven't been that excited during a match in a really long time. awesome display by both guys.

I was sure Vlad had this in the bag, he was schooling the boy at one point... and then that uppercut almost ripped his head off. I guess youth beats experience this time.

I loved the match.

Vlad starts with 2 dominating rounds, controlling the fight and the tempo.
Then Joshua wakes up and takes back 2 rounds.
Then Joshua explodes in 5th, drops Vlad early with some nasty 20 hit combination that seemed to never end and gassed Joshua heavily for the remaining round. Vlad goes berserk and makes the round 10-9 most likely almost dropping Antony.
6th round Vlad drops him.
7-8 are almost the same as 1st and 2nd rounds you are thinking damn Vladimir is an excellent boxer still. How quick, what a tactician, how controlling. That bombing right hand looking for another knock down yet Joshua defending still.
Then the younger boxer wakes up again and gives a proper fight to Vlad for the next 2, perhaps taking them. And then goes berserk at the 11th. Vlad refusing to give up after eating some serious punches and knock downs until the refs stops it.

What a show. Great respect to both fighters. Klichko still has it for 2 more big fights. I d love to see him box Fury and Joshua again. I am thinking the Klichko from yesterday did not really deserve to get finished in the 11th. According to me he is still the most technical, the smartest and the most briliant boxer at heavy weight even at that age.

Holy shit I'm so glad I watched this. I was expecting a 12 round hug fest.
Could not have been any better.
Huge congrats to the UK for this magical event!

Epic HW match. Glad I watched with my son who should remember this for a long time

3596.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back