Josh Thomson fought for 10k????

Don't bellator did it differently so fighters can tax dodge?

10k Dana would of just price matched for that lol.

Plus another 75k in sponsors, and probably some undisclosed locker room bonus for headlining

No tax dodge. Wasnt it reported they were just given multi six figure signing bonuses.

that was rumored for overseas fighters. No way they'd do that paying a fighter in the US. Tax evasion brought down Al Capone, i doubt they'd risk it for an MMA fighter

The other fighters on that card seemed to paid more in line with normal salaries. Maybe he does have a backroom deal of some sort.

You seriously think that's what he made?
I heard Thomson has a deal where he gets monthly pay checks from Bellator

they get ratings-based bonuses, like ppv points. Chael said this on a podcast

he's making more than that just like when Nate Diaz disclosed pay was 15k but he himself said he was making 60/60.

You can structure it different ways. what Go Go said is interesting about ratings, never heard that but for Bellator that makes sense.

thats what they want and need and if you prove you are a draw you'll make more money.

I'm guessing he's making low 6 figures a fight.

wow that was Josh's 16th fight for Coker. All these sherdog Coker nutsuckers don't realize he is pure fucking evil.

I REALLY hope he is making more money from bonuses or something else. I was initially pretty pissed when I saw he only making 10K for the fight.

I heard Thomson received a large signing bonus when he initially signed with Bellator.

These guys probably get paid great for "acting" in the Dave & Busters commercials

Disclosed income =/= total income.

Sure, but I always find it funny when Bellator discloses pay and suddenly everyone is talking about that it's not their real income etc, but when the UFC does the exact same thing, they don't get the "excuses" Bellator gets like "oh, signing bonuses" etc.

Bellator fighters might get sponsorship money (although the market seems to have dried out) but look at the undercard...I highly doubt they get big signing bonuses or other payments, just like UFC newbies, but they have at least a base pay of 10k.

All in all, MMA pays shit and both top companies have embarassing payouts.

You're a bunch of noobs if you think that getting paid more than 10K for a few minutes work is realistic.

Let's hope he has other deals with Bellator. No way he's making just $10k/fight.

Plus another 75k in sponsors
e429c10d54f4ab6e005f4e2fd11a565a.gif

disclosed bellator purse is just a part of what the guy makes

Back