Josh Barnett's official statement after leaving the UFC. *Long Read*

What are you talking about ? I'd bet money on Barnett to beat any HW today. The guy has more experience and fights IQ than anyone in the divison, and who has better grappling ? Maybe Werdum but that's about it.
Ha.

Barnett without his “tainted” supplements isn’t competitive against the top guys. Not even a little bit. And he knows it.

I’m all for him expressing himself against usada and their unethical practices but the rest of his essay comes off as disingenious.

As if Barnett hasn’t always done what he wants? He was always doing his extracurricular activities like grappling and the sort. Notice he didn’t even mention fighting mma elsewhere. Weak.

I still wanna see him either in bellator or rizin.

Let's see if Cro Cop can add a 4th victory of Barnett in Rizin next

Glad to see him call out the practices of USADA like that. Like he said, once they realized it was a matter of contamination, there was no need to go the adversarial rout and involve arbitrators and legal council.

Good for him.

He's not a contender anymore so leaving the UFC is perfect for him and his fans. When DC threw him over his head I think Josh lost a bit of his soul... He's a goddamned legend, will watch him fight wherever it is and i challenge him to a few games of Magic... catch as catch can!

Beating USADA might be the biggest win of his career... Now make that Fedor fight happen!!!

What a nerd, respect to the legend, even though he's a huge dork.

I hope he signs with Bellator, they allow a lot of fighters to fight with other promotions and pursue other options. Bob Lashely was allowed to wrestle for TNA and fight with them, MVP is allowed to box and fight MMA. I am a big fan of Barnett and I think there's still some fights for him in Bellator, I think this would be awesome for him to be able to fight but not be limited to one option.

fuck the haters. I hope he fights in rizin and we can see him vs fedor, and why not, belfort too?

Good for him.

He's too old school to fit this UFC Reebok mold. Let him fight crazy fuckers dressed in sumo clothes in Japan. That's his style.

He probably needed roids just to type that shit up.

Fuck him and his man boobs. Never really saw the allure in this guy. He fought like a slob. Did not look skilled on the ground or the feet. Came off as a asshole in most podcasts and interviews. Got caught roiding several fucking times including after his biggest ufc win. Hell you could even pin it on him that Affliction folded and died because the Fedor fight got called off. (do to getting caught on fucking roids) .

Seriously. The dude is a fucker. No sympathy from me. He should be banned and not be allowed to walk away with his dignity. He is a disgrace to MMA. Makes Jones look like Cinder-fucken-Ella.

RequiredHandmadeArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

What I find funny about the whole situation is how commissions had no problem busting Barnett twice in a time where it was the wild west of steroid use. Now, we have what is seen as the premier organization to bust cheaters, unable to do such a thing but no problem taking away 2 years of the guys fighting career in the twilight of it over nothing.

If anything USADA getting sond by fucking Josh Barnett (LMAO) of all people has made them look less legitimate and more like witch hunters in my eyes. Premier drug busters should not be getting btfo'd by arguably the most notorious steroid user of all time.

Did I just read a letter written by an MMA heavyweight or was that an epilogue to some cheesy fantasy novel...?

Back