Jose Torres finally coming to UFC

He gets hit too easily right now, but he's up there with Pico as one of the top prospects in all of MMA. He's the only guy right now who I could see giving a legit challenge to Mighty Mouse in a couple years.

I hope he chooses to fight at 135. Bantamweight is already a very good division IMO, adding more depth and a potential title challenger (eventually) is awesome. Maybe if he shows the potential to challenge Mighty Mouse after a couple UFC fights I'll change my tune, but I'm not exactly clamoring for flyweight fighters.

But this is MMA, and fighters are going to compete at the lowest weight class they can possibly make. Looking forward to watching this cat.

FUCK YES. The most UFC ready prospect they've signed in years arguably.

Team Shorty!!

I hope he chooses to fight at 135. Bantamweight is already a very good division IMO, adding more depth and a potential title challenger (eventually) is awesome. Maybe if he shows the potential to challenge Mighty Mouse after a couple UFC fights I'll change my tune, but I'm not exactly clamoring for flyweight fighters.

But this is MMA, and fighters are going to compete at the lowest weight class they can possibly make. Looking forward to watching this cat.

135 is a shark tank of contenders with guys like TJ, Dom and Cody being p4p tier, he’ll do better at 125 imo

Psyched to hear it. I expected they'd bring him on for a Contender Series show, but I'm glad he's making a short notice appearance. Should be a fun debut.

I look forward to hearing him called "Shorty" when at 5'4" he's in fact taller than many of the top guys in the division.

135 is a shark tank of contenders with guys like TJ, Dom and Cody being p4p tier, he’ll do better at 125 imo
Oh absolutely. He should definitely fight at 125! I'm just selfish and enjoying the top ranked guys at 135 that I'd like to add more talent to that division. But hey, maybe he can make a run at MM in the next 2 years. He is an inch taller with the same reach (it seems like most flyweights have a reach of 63/64, but Torres and MM are both 66"). He looked great in his last fight, he should take an immediate top 5 fight!

Wicked signing and a fantastic short-notice replacement. Torres, UD - Brooks is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I look forward to hearing him called "Shorty" when at 5'4" he's in fact taller than many of the top guys in the division.

Torres is the same height or shorter than every top 10 fighter in Sherdog's flyweight rankings lol. The only guy he is taller than is MM.

Torres is the same height or shorter than every top 10 fighter in Sherdog's flyweight rankings lol. The only guy he is taller than is MM.
Huh, I could have sworn Joe B and Cejudo were 5'3. I know Lineker's 5'3 but he's a BW now.

It's still funny this way, being as tall as the rest of the division and yet called shorty.

Huh, I could have sworn Joe B and Cejudo were 5'3. I know Lineker's 5'3 but he's a BW now.

It's still funny this way, being as tall as the rest of the division and yet called shorty.
I mean we are reallyyyy splitting hairs when you compare 5'3" to 5'4" lol. Casual fans will have no idea who the announcers are referring to when they say something like "... and shorty landed a couple nice shots during that exchange". I actually didn't realize Lineker was 5'3" (I thought like 5'5") that dude is an absolute tank.

P.S. you gotta change your location from "the danger zone" to "danger island"! At least until the season ends!

That's a big signing

Gotta improve his defence but that's true of almost any young MMA fighter. Defence is always the last thing they learn

Tons of potential in this kid he could be a future champ

Great signing. Shorty is at ATT now too. Future contender at least.

P.S. you gotta change your location from "the danger zone" to "danger island"! At least until the season ends!
I am saving up the entire season until it's done, and then I'm going to take an afternoon and blast through it. I haven't watched a single episode of this new season, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Great prospect, no Erik Silva, but still a great prospect.

Nice , hope he beats the hell out of Brooks (really cant stand that guy).

FUCK YES. The most UFC ready prospect they've signed in years arguably.

Team Shorty!!
He's nowhere close to the big crossover signings from Bellator (Brooks/Alvarez) and WSOF (Moraes/Gaethje). Closer to ACB level (Magomedsharipov/Yan).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back