Jose Aldo is the nicest fighter ever... He saved Martinez from getting KO'ED

He clearly had Martinez hurt bad and could have finished him but he didn't want to destroy the young lions career so he took him down instead.

What an amazing human being inside and out of the cage. The Goat, the legend, the UFC hall of famer. JOSE ALDO

We finally agree - Aldo still GOAT.

Fuck that. That's disrespectful if he did that, to the sport and the fans. You always go for the finish and give your best.

I love Aldo, but if he indeed let Martinez off the hook I'm not cool with that.

Personally, I think he got the takedown to ride out the safe decision though.

I would have liked to seen Aldo close the show on the feet.

I get that you might not like it but some people respect it

Everyone is different

No that's just Aldo. He always lacked killer instinct.

He has been highly risk averse post-WEC at least. The Conor fight seemed to reinforce to him what happens when he isn't.

He briefly went back into WEC-mode vs Stephens and Moicano, likely to prove something after getting KOd by Max twice.

But the rest of his UFC career he got a total of one legit stoppage vs Mendes (Zombie was a random injury). Him becoming a decisionator has been a well kept dirty little secret in MMA fandom.

It was weak as piss is what it was.

Absolute bum move.

The Bum of Rio.

He has been highly risk averse post-WEC at least. The Conor fight seemed to reinforce to him what happens when he isn't.

He briefly went back into WEC-mode vs Stephens and Moicano, likely to prove something after getting KOd by Max twice.

But the rest of his UFC career he got a total of one legit stoppage vs Mendes (Zombie was a random injury). Him becoming a decisionator has been a well kept dirty little secret in MMA fandom.
5 round fights against much better competition. Cry more.
Long game
Long title reign

Sorry I insulted your alt account. I'll try to be more mindful next time.
You misinterpreted my reply. I was using the Jon.gif to exemplify your previous post.

Reactions: HHJ
I was critical of that, watching it in real time, thought it was a tactical error. I'm now convinced he was going for the safer route to a safe decision.
I definitely don't think it was a "mercy takedown".

Fuck that. That's disrespectful if he did that, to the sport and the fans. You always go for the finish and give your best.
Im a fan and he didnt disrespect me. Soon as I saw him get that late TD,i went on my radio and said "bag is secured thats a 10-4"

and updated Aldo's finance reports

Make sure we had more space in his cavernous obscenely immense vault for the incoming cash flow.

Back