Jones looking abit pudgy as a HW?

by your logic 90% of HW is not a natural HW. Hell Cormier looked like a pregnant woman, Fedor is famous for his chubbiness, Jone "looked" better than most of the HW in the history. In LHW he is the biggest guy, most of the champs he beat in LHW is now considered small MW.
1266541449.jpg.0.jpg
DC in particular who was a dominant heavyweight physically looked like absolute dog shit. But he performed great.

This has always been one the Sherdog paradoxes with Jones

"Jones is too tall for LHW and beats up MWs"
"Jones is too small for HW and is ducking"

Be interesting to see what the new excuses will be at HW

CG is gonna outbox him I swear to god, and I'm a Jones fan.

There are different body types. I'm 6'3" and I'm not kidding myself thinking I'd carry 245 well. He's carrying most of the weight in his mid section and looks like he put on a good percentage of fat, not muscle. I don't understand what's confusing about this.

It's not difficult with a 3 year timeframe

I'm 6'2" and 230lb (also twice the age of the average Sherdoggers), I exercise daily and eat well but can't get my weight below 220lb. With the right program, even at my age, I could hit 245lb.

by your logic 90% of HW is not a natural HW. Hell Cormier looked like a pregnant woman, Fedor is famous for his chubbiness, Jone "looked" better than most of the HW in the history. In LHW he is the biggest guy, most of the champs he beat in LHW is now considered small MW.
1266541449.jpg.0.jpg

Cormier wrestled at 184lbs in college and actually looked healthy at that weight. He just has a terrible relationship with food and can’t control himself.

and you thinking JJ is small for a HW is killing me, seem fair. You just upset Jon is not the biggest guy in HW like in LHW.

He wasn't the biggest LHW, he might have been the tallest and he definitely had the longest reach. But he had chicken legs and his frame was nowhere near big. He never looked massive on fight night just tall and kinda lanky. His nickname for a lot of people was Chicken Bones Jones referring to his anemic looking chicken like legs. He never missed weight or seemed to struggle to make it because he walked around probably close to 205.

taller doesn't = bigger. Forrest Griffin had a larger build for a LHW.

Last edited:
Not sure why he's so insistent on getting as big as possible. Him coming in at a solid 235-240 with minimal body fat seems like it would make the most sense given his frame. I guess we'll see soon enough
That was my theory. Not cut weight. Grow naturally but not deliberately. Like Jailton Almeida.

That looks like an alcoholic ballerina <Lmaoo>

Btw Jones was always a natural HW his entire career. UFC LHW consists of near only natural HWs. Even MW in parts consists of natural HW with an absurd weight cut.

Last edited:
Back