Jon Jones vs Prime Fedor how does that play out?

I don't care for JJ but I think he would wreck Fedor.. Opinions please?

Opinions? You're an idiot.

Oh, you mean about the fight? Fedor by destruction. Anyone who dares say Jones is a ball-gagging, mental deficient retard.

Current Fedor, I'd be worried.

I wouldn't. Fedor, even at his current age, is insanely fast and has traumatizing KO power. Jones will get drop in no time.

Opinions? You're an idiot.

Oh, you mean about the fight? Fedor by destruction. Anyone who dares say Jones is a ball-gagging, mental deficient retard.

You just described Fedor's fanbase

Yeah bro, because Jones is Goodridge on the feet and Herring on the mat.

Jones is slow and not very powerful. His octopus limbs are his biggest advantage, and they wouldn't be enough to stop Fedor. The fight wouldn't even be competitive, especially in a ring.

Let's not forget that a Jones got brutally beaten up by Gus on the feet, and he was in his peak prime. His clinch game wouldn't be enough, and his length wouldn't matter once Fedor got inside and tagged him a few times.

"Fedor would maul and destroy Jones"

"Jones would easily win"

No middle ground in this thread. Unsurprising.

I think Fedor wins, he's got more ways to win and finish the fight, if Belfort can get Jones in an arm bar then Fedor would if Jones took him down. Jones has the most trouble with people that have better hands then him and the reach or speed to get to him on the feet and Prime Fedor has better hands, more power and is faster than Jones plus his TDD/grappling was strong.

Fedor via a clear decision. I think every round would go pretty much the same.

1. Round starts with Jones using his reach to keep Fedor at bay, land a few weak shots, and desperately trying to sneak in a couple of eyepokes.

2. Fedor explodes with a looping shot that sends Jones to the ground.

3. Fedor follows Jones to the floor and lands solid ground and pound that hurts Jones but never really puts him in danger off being finished.

4. Round ends

Rinse and repeat x5

Only chance Jones would have is by blinding Fedor by clawing at his eyes repeatedly. Fedor wouldnt let Jones dictate the distance like so many of his challengers have.

ALMOSTs-
jones-belfort-ufc-152-armbar.jpg

Gusssssss.jpg

ACTUALITIEs-
fedor-werdum.jpg

bfootx-large.jpg

fedorhenderson.jpg

I think Fedor wins, he's got more ways to win and finish the fight, if Belfort can get Jones in an arm bar then Fedor would if Jones took him down. Jones has the most trouble with people that have better hands then him and the reach or speed to get to him on the feet and Prime Fedor has better hands, more power and is faster than Jones plus his TDD/grappling was strong.

I don't know if it was strong enough to claim that he wouldn't get taken down. He got taken down relatively easily by the best wrestlers he faced (Arona, Coleman, and Randleman). On the feet Fedor could definitely give him trouble, but Fedor pulling off armbars on Mark Coleman don't convince me that he's going to catch Jon Jones from the bottom, or that he'd deal with Jones in the clinch all that well.

Jones is slow and not very powerful. His octopus limbs are his biggest advantage, and they wouldn't be enough to stop Fedor. The fight wouldn't even be competitive, especially in a ring.

Let's not forget that a Jones got brutally beaten up by Gus on the feet, and he was in his peak prime. His clinch game wouldn't be enough, and his length wouldn't matter once Fedor got inside and tagged him a few times.

Jones is not slow, not even relative to his division. How is he not powerful? Wtf? He's been one of the most physically imposing fighters ever.

Brutally beaten up in a fight he won against a guy that's not anything similar to Fedor? While Fedor has been mounted, had his back taken, and was hurt twice in his prime. He was also controlled by Arona without too much difficulty.

Tell me, what happens when Fedor is mounted by Jones?

Seriously JBJ wrecks him and its not even close. The only thing Fedor would have as an advantage is the size difference.

HAHAHA if Coleman can take Fedor's back and mount him then what the fuck will Jones do? More ways to win? Uh... Jones has decision wins, submission wins, and TKO wins.

Fedor fans are reaching here.

Well, one is the GOAT and the other is Jon Jones.

Under Unified Rules, I think it'd be about even.

Under Pride rules/judging, in a ring, I think Fedor wins most of the time and hurts Jones too.

Don't get it twisted Fedor would give JBJ a tough fight maybe even his toughest... But at the end of the day JBJ makes better adjustments combined with a more creative and unpredictable skillset should beat Fedor over 50% of the time, so he should be the favorite imo.

Seeing as Jones has been taken down maybe 2x ever that seems unlikely. I think it was once by Gus and once by Cormier.

In case you didnt know, Fedor has a cormier build except hes 10 times more explosive and powerful and way better on his back.

Last edited:
Back