Jon Jones is a fraud! khabib is the GOAT

This is like saying ''Michael Jordan is fraud, Westbrook is the goat!''. Even if Jones was a fraud, there are tons of other GOAT candidates ahead of Khabib

Jones is Goat.

It isn’t even a debate.
Agree but...

55d864d0-aeb6-45e3-81fd-60b1647b8ba0_text.gif

Again a prime example... registered for 14 years, not active for a long time and then, just out of the blue, comes back just right after a Kabib-troll was banned.

This happens every time an old Kabib-Troll gets banned... a few days after we have a "long lost" user who hasnt posted in a while and who then, of course totally coincidentally, decides its time to come back and become a Kabib-Nuthugger. Again, just a coincidence and has to do with nothing else.

Shame upon him who thinks evil!

3. **Behavior Matters:** Khabib is a role model, plain and simple. Jones? He’s a walking disaster. DUIs, hit-and-runs, failed drug tests... you name it, he's done it. The guy’s a trainwreck, and it’s embarrassing.

Slow down there, do role models engage in tax evasion.

DC, Rampage, Gane, Glover, Gus, and Smith are washed middleweights? Good to note, I suppose. I think I should start flatly lying too whenever a scumbag happens to be phenomonal at their job.

Smith kinda is a washed MW. Smith is comparable to the Michael Johnson/Barboza type wins Khabib has, Smith is a very flawed, journeyman type who is a bit undersized. Listing Smith but not Rashad is also concerning, Rashad is one of Jones best wins, dude beat Rampage, dominated Phil Davis in the wrestling department etc. Jones wins over Bader, Gus, Rashad, Glover, DC are pretty incredible. His wins over guys like Vitor and Rampage were sorta phoned in name value fights. And the second gen Jones beat in Smith, Reyes and Santos were not good wins. Jones win over Shogun and Machida were solid too, but those guys were undersized and Shogun was pretty flawed, Machida was just crazy small and a little solved. The Sonnen win was trash. Jones resume is in my opinion a bit worse than GSPs, but he never lost and was more dominant. GSP and Jones are the top 2 however you want to slice it.

Far and away Khabib's greatest achievement was to quickly become the pound for pound, reigning, defending, most over rated dude ever, not only in the UFC, but MMA in general. The only reason anyone still mentions him is because he is a legendary quitter, a legendary runner of away. I know, I know, he had a good excuse, Mommy say Khabib no more fight, so Khabib no more fight . Khabib did not defeat a defending champion to get a belt, he had a 5 round snoozer with Raging Al, who would have knocked him silly in a rematch. Ridiculous how folks want to pretend, imagine, and make believe that Khabib cleaned out the division multiple times to become a goat, pure bs. If Khabib were not such a legendary quitter and runner of away, and kept fighting, by now he could have been another Petr Yan, although admittedly more one dimensional than Yan. Rhonda Rousey, a legendary quitter in her own right, would have stayed down at Khabib's level if she had quit and run away after fighting Betch Correia, but at least she was man enough to continue on until, and after defeat. And no Khabib is not a good person in any imagination. He was childish and ignorant enough to start a riot after the Conor fight, and campaigned for folks like Masvidal to break the law and attack folks from behind on the streets with their gangs, instead of fighting lawfully, one on one in a cage. Jones is no goat either. And as far as an undefeated record goes, I bet you half the UFC cards this year or any year, have undefeated fighters on them.

There is room for mighty mouse.

I don't think so, but it's a bit perspective of course. Mouse had the insane defense record but he fought at 125 during the infancy of the division and he also fought Kyoji when he was like 23-24 and he and his team asked to not have the title shot, that they'd like another 18 months of experience and preparation first but the UFC forced it. The Benavidez and Dodson wins depend a lot on how you rate them but guys like Moraga, McCall, Elliot, Cariaso, Reyes...were not very good and only contended because of how poor the weight class was...remember the UFC kept 125 as a roster like 1/2 to 1/3 the size of other divisions and they tried killing it off. The Cejudo win was great but then he arguably lost to Cejudo as well. Plus Mighty Mouse arguably lost to Miguel Torres, got dominated by Cruz and had an embarrassing draw vs McCall.

I'd personally put Mouse on the clear second tier of greats with Khabib, DC, Aldo, and a rung below GSP and Jones.

They were all much smaller then him and he had a steroid advantage

You know what is odd, you talk about size advantage but Khabib himself had a size/weight advantage. He also missed weight and had an issue with his excessive weight cuts his entire career because he cut so much weight. The problem with his record was that is was filled with fighters with no rankings, when he fought outside of the UFC. He has two round fights on his record.

He also missed all of the wrestlers at WW who would have challenged his wrestling, something the other champions dealt with. When he fought Tibau, some said that he lost the fight because Tibau actually had the strength and grappling to deal with Khabib. When Khabib could not use his wrestling, he was beatable. So the other champions fought longer and ran into challenges that Khabib never did because he left early. No one here does not respect the hell out of Khabib but its odd to read about weight advantages when Khabib was one of the poster boys for it. I think excessive weight cutting is cheating.

Last edited:
I don't think so, but it's a bit perspective of course. Mouse had the insane defense record but he fought at 125 during the infancy of the division and he also fought Kyoji when he was like 23-24 and he and his team asked to not have the title shot, that they'd like another 18 months of experience and preparation first but the UFC forced it. The Benavidez and Dodson wins depend a lot on how you rate them but guys like Moraga, McCall, Elliot, Cariaso, Reyes...were not very good and only contended because of how poor the weight class was...remember the UFC kept 125 as a roster like 1/2 to 1/3 the size of other divisions and they tried killing it off. The Cejudo win was great but then he arguably lost to Cejudo as well. Plus Mighty Mouse arguably lost to Miguel Torres, got dominated by Cruz and had an embarrassing draw vs McCall.

I'd personally put Mouse on the clear second tier of greats with Khabib, DC, Aldo, and a rung below GSP and Jones.

This is my perspective on it

-Dodson x 2 are good wins (dodson to this day has only ever lost to mighty mouse in this weight class)
-Joe B x 2 are good wins(Joe b fought for a title twice after mouse left)
-Horiguchi is a good win (young, but Flyweights are going to be young. Just how it is)
-Bagautinov is a good win (undefated and roiding)
-Cejudo is a good win (undefeated, Olympian, Future double champ)
-that's 7 quality title defenses
-The others, while they are not the best competition, mighty mouse did not let those fights be even remotely close. he finished them all empathetically and absolutely styled on them
-He lost the title in a split decision that many think he won, his record could read Cejudo x2 as well
-He's still winning fights today

Personally, I'd not have Khabib (not a top 10 goat) or DC on the Rung Below jones, Mighty mouse and GSP.

This is my perspective on it

-Dodson x 2 are good wins (dodson to this day has only ever lost to mighty mouse in this weight class)
-Joe B x 2 are good wins(Joe b fought for a title twice after mouse left)
-Horiguchi is a good win (young, but Flyweights are going to be young. Just how it is)
-Bagautinov is a good win (undefated and roiding)
-Cejudo is a good win (undefeated, Olympian, Future double champ)
-that's 7 quality title defenses
-The others, while they are not the best competition, mighty mouse did not let those fights be even remotely close. he finished them all empathetically and absolutely styled on them
-He lost the title in a split decision that many think he won, his record could read Cejudo x2 as well
-He's still winning fights today

Personally, I'd not have Khabib (not a top 10 goat) or DC on the Rung Below jones, Mighty mouse and GSP.
I think the last time I tried to do a GOAT list it was

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Mighty Mouse
6. Aldo
7. Khabib
8. DC

After that Izzy, Holloway, Volk, Stipe, Usman, Cruz, Hendo, Nog, Hughes, Cejudo, Penn etc. I'm not sure how to put'em. Fedor is an odd one too, I could see him below everyone on that top 8 list depending on how you see it. I think Islam will be in this equation soon, if he beats Poirier and Arman II, if he goes up and wins 170lb...dudes probably top 4. OMalley if he can beat Merab and then the winner of Sandhagen/Umar he can very likely get a spot on the top 10-15 already too. Topuria is similar for me, if he faces Max next and wins and then Evloev? He's top 10-15. But we will see.

Like I said, depending on how you see Dodson and Benavidez. To me? Dodson would be a 50-60% win rate vs the top 10 of today and some of the prospects, even in his prime at 125. Benavidez I feel somewhat similar about, he was good he'd be a top 10 guy but not someone who made waves and would need a streak vs the right guys to even get a title shot....but also a tough night for most guys. Bagautinov didn't age well at all, roiding means nothing, Bagautinov has very few good wins in his entire career. Kyoji is a huge win but he was super green, 23-24 was too young FOR HIM, he and his gym asked the UFC to decline the title fight and they said he'd never get another opportunity if he turned it down and that he had to take it...the division has evolved a lot because he didn't exist until midway through Mighty Mouses career.

Eras do matter and how wins age do matter, there's a difference between beating Jake Shields when he was on a 14 fight win streak, top 10 p4p, had wins over guys like Okami, Hendo, Condit, Lawler, Sakurai etc and then Jake getting kinda older and falling off...that win aged fine, because Jake was a great and in his prime and then fell off but his wins and who he was, was undeniable. Bagautinov was decent and had a couple good wins vs Eliot and Lineker but he did get exposed...he wasn't the Worldbeater we had hoped...win didn't age well, turned out he wasn't all that.

Anyways, not really arguing just sharing.

Only Conor fans are against TS’s points, move on already.

COPE

Back