jon jones has gained fans and support after his incidents with the law.

I feel like he gained the fan ever since DC became the paper champ (that's what it's being called LOL). People didn't like it and refused him as the new champ so they hated DC and started rooting for Jones to be the real champ again.

He's more human now. He's fucked up. He's got flaws and he's trying to do better. People can empathize with that and it wins him more support than he had in the past when he was some wildly successful youth who was getting away with whatever he wanted because he was a rich, celebrity athlete.

There's a reason Rocky is such a popular character in American cinema.
sure..

UFC 197: Jon Jones pleads not guilty to drag racing, court date set for May 11.

Because its pretty evident to me that the guy was getting booed, the first fight with dc, he kept trying to throw gifts out to the people in the crowd to win some fans over.
When did the naritive change?
Because it seems to me after his hit and run incident the guy now gets praise from casual fans and those same casuals are the ones hating on dc, if you look at jons instagram comments from years back when there was no contreversy surrounding him, it was filled with hatefull comments (not saying thats a good thing)
But litterally that long break from instagram jon took while he was still under sentencing, you can see way more comments and they're all supportfull... I mean what kind of fucked up world do we live in?
Theres nothing wrong with being a jones fan, but why the hell has he captured a bandwagon of casuals after doing imo a cowardly crime, thats proven to take lives?
I dont understand.

Cliffs
-jon was booed and people wanted him to lose when there was no controversy surrounding him
-gains a massive amount of fans from doing a cowardly crime.
-why is the world we live in so ass hat backwards?

So glad you made this post i dont get the movement he has either now im for sure not one of these people

sure..

UFC 197: Jon Jones pleads not guilty to drag racing, court date set for May 11.

I didn't say he was succeeding at doing better. ;)

Also, they hired him a professional driver so this type of thing *should* stop happening.

And the ever-popular innocent-until-proven-guilty.

I'm a big believer in second chances (sometimes more) and for that reason I hope JBJ is supported in his comeback.

wz3YM.gif

Jones didn't do his job in defeating the monster that is rumble, dc stepped in short notice and did the champions job, he wasnt handed the belt.

Guess I missed the part where Rumble was the champion.

This is the most applicable case of "you have to beat the champ to be the champ". The absurdity of it being the next fight after losing to the real champion just adds to it.

Perhaps some people who complained about him being "fake" now think he's finally being "real." Perhaps he gained some sympathy when he was stripped of his title before he was even convicted. Perhaps people missed seeing the best fighter in the world in the cage while he was suspended. Perhaps people just think DC is a paper champion and a big old square, so they're rooting for Jones this time around. Perhaps some people just like a comeback/redemption story. Perhaps it's a little of all that or none of it.

Guess I missed the part where Rumble was the champion.

This is the most applicable case of "you have to beat the champ to be the champ". The absurdity of it being the next fight after losing to the real champion just adds to it.
Well its the champions job to defend the belt against the next contender, jones failed to defend his belt against the next contender, cormier stepped in and did jones job litterally.
He wasn't handed the belt he did something jones failed to do, beat rumble.

Well its the champions job to defend the belt against the next contender, jones failed to defend his belt against the next contender, cormier stepped in and did jones job litterally.
He wasn't handed the belt he did something jones failed to do, beat rumble.

spin it anyway you want, he's not the real champ.

My thoughts about Jones gaining fans for being a douchebag...
giphy.gif

Lets get one thing straight, nobody is a fan of Jon Jones the person. They are a fan of Jon Jones the fighter.

It's cause he's less phony (progress in work) from his cringy fake Christian boy act and more importantly relatable to the public. Statistics show us we've all had or been related to alcohol/drug addiction and/or gotten a DUI. MMA fans especially lol. His natural heel role juxtaposed with DC's Carlton thing also gravitates more fans to him than usual. In the black community I feel like they treats him as MMA's Mayweather, and either hate or don't know who DC is lol.

stupid people also write letters to convicted murderers in prison and get married

Its basically because Cormier is terrible at trash talking.

His lashing out sounds insecure, weak and like he's grabbing for straws, in desperation for recognition.

Back