Rumored Jon Jones Announces Next Fight Date - November 9th - Madison Square Garden

You guys ready for the geriatrics HW title fight?

Jon Jones should've been stripped already...for the 3rd time.
Who cares that he's fighting, I don't sir.

Reactions: JKS
And the crowd responds with a smattering of apathy.

Sooner it happens, the sooner he either retires or fights Aspinall. I'm cool with it.

Tom fighting Blaydes, so we get to see who the best HW is. I don’t really care that there’s an (i) next to his name. The division is in fact moving on without Jon. Buncha fucking crybabies ihrn.

Jones is already back in training, why is he waiting until the end of the year? It's embarrassing that Aspinall is defending the title before he is and he's pulling a 42 year old out of retirement to do so.

Jones is already back in training, why is he waiting until the end of the year? It's embarrassing that Aspinall is defending the title before he is and he's pulling a 42 year old out of retirement to do so.
Jon was super out of shape and fat before returning to the gym. He's gonna need a couple of months to lose the weight and get back in the groove of training. Then he's going to need at least a 3 month camp.. so that would be like 5-6 months, landing us into October/November.. so MSG would make sense at that point.

Tom fighting Blaydes, so we get to see who the best HW is. I don’t really care that there’s an (i) next to his name. The division is in fact moving on without Jon. Buncha fucking crybabies ihrn.
What about Bon Gamin?

Jon was super out of shape and fat before returning to the gym. He's gonna need a couple of months to lose the weight and get back in the groove of training. Then he's going to need at least a 3 month camp.. so that would be like 5-6 months, landing us into October/November.. so MSG would make sense at that point.
Funny, he doesn't look fat in recent pics. And DC literally just ate his way to get to heavyweight. I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

What about Bon Gamin?
He turned down the title shot.

Funny, he doesn't look fat in recent pics. And DC literally just ate his way to get to heavyweight. I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

He turned down the title shot.
Just cause he doesn't look fat doesn't mean he's in shape and ready for a fight camp. He only went back to training less than a month ago. You can't just jump into a fight camp after being inactive for 6 months and coming off of a surgery. You gotta build your body back up and get it used to the grind of training again before going into a fight camp otherwise you're at higher risk of getting injured than normal and you're more likely to get sick from over training.

You guys ready for the geriatrics HW title fight?

I don’t really mind him fighting Stipe, it should be a good send off for Stipe. The worst part is how long we’ve had to wait for it because Jon Jones (baddest man in the planet to some people) is more injury prone and in worse shape at heavyweight than a 41 year old Stipe.

It's so hilarious because the only reason they are riding Tom so hard is because they hate Jon so much and they think Tom will beat him. They been waiting to bust that one out for years and it hasn't happened.
The only reason Jones is refusing to fight the interim champ and is picking a 40 yr old who hasn't fought in 3 yrs and who got KO'ed last is because he knows Tom would murder him and Stipe is the easiest possible fight. You are free to do that as a fighter but not if you're the champ and specially having an interim champ getting screwed over.

It's like Islam fightingfor BJ Penn. Makes 0 sense and it's just embarassing. People would kill Islam for that. I don't get how any fan of the sport can be ok with Jones fighting Stipe, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Does anybody at all really give a shit about Jones vs Stipe? I hope they both lose or the winner retires so the division can stop being held up.

Sooner it happens, the sooner he either retires or fights Aspinall. I'm cool with it.

We're definitely being force fed this fight, but it will be fine and we'll all move on.

Whether Jones immediately retires or not is the most interesting bit!

The only fighter in history not to fight the interim champion.

Its not the marketing approved statement but UFC got to make that money for its owners that didn't invest into soccer, the other bored actors from Hollywood. The ones that can't afford to mess around in space so mess around in sports.
Nog, Tony, and Colby all say hi.

Bit worrisome considering the timing. These fights booked so far in advance can have a greater chance of injury.

But if someone pulls out, I guess Tom would step in.

I like how everybody jumped the gun and assumed that meant Jon is defending against STIPE in November when he doesn't say that anywhere. The most logical assumption is he's defending against the winner of Aspinall/Blaydes given the "#NewStill" hashtag. Still says he's defending his belt, and new says he's winning another belt when he wins. That fits Aspinall/Blaydes, not Stipe.

While you can't strictly win an interim title with a unification bout as the existing undisputed champion as you just stay undisputed and notch a defence with a win, that's the only way to read that as the winner of Aspinall/Blaydes will have a belt they're technically putting on the line (given they lose it with a loss) while Stipe doesn't have one at all. If Jon is both defending and winning another belt, the assumption is the winner of Aspinall/Blaydes is his opponent, not Stipe.

That or the far more crazy scenario, and why Jon actually deleted the post, is because his fight really is going to feature another belt on the line he can win. Options could be a BMF title, they've secretly bought another org and he's unifying with their champ (Ferreira?), or seeing as it's his retirement fight the UFC is making a special GOAT belt Jon wins if he successfully defends.

6 months almost. Don't know why we need to wait so long unless the injury is preventing it being sooner.
You really don't get why the champion from NY wants his retirement fight to be in NY?

After they already tried to have his retirement fight be in NY before he got injured?

It's really perplexing you?

Tom is fighting Blaydes - why are you guys crying :rolleyes: After that if Jon tries to duck Tom who will smoke Curtis; you'll have wind in your sails, until then. SHUT THE %¤&% up. You seem like whiny babies at this point.
The funniest part is is if Jon actually does defend against Stipe and just retire afterwards, then Tom gets promoted to undisputed champion without ever having to fight Jon. Who was the guy most likely to beat him and prevent him becoming champion anyways. Whether you think Tom beats Jon or not, it's impossible to deny that Jon's everybody's biggest threat as he's got a proven track record of winning.

All the people bitching about Tom being the real champion should love this scenario. It's his best chance of actually becoming champion.

Back