News Jon Anik Breaks Record For Most Called PPV Events in UFC History

this clown tried to tell me on twitter, that calling UFC fights is harder than digging ditches in the sun all day.
It's not harder physically.
But get me 1000 random people and count how many could call fights to the standard Anik does, vs. How many people could dig ditches all day.
so it's obviously a rarer skill, and therefore arguably harder

It's not harder physically.
But get me 1000 random people and count how many could call fights to the standard Anik does, vs. How many people could dig ditches all day.
so it's obviously a rarer skill, and therefore arguably harder
I'd be willing to bet a lot more people could do fight commentary than dig holes in the arizona sun buddy. The hardest part of his job is reading commercials at the dumbest of times.

He seems like a really cool guy that is passionate about MMA but as a commentator he has the personality of a toaster.

Yeah, that's interesting. It could be though. Anik has been there for a while now, during the recent period where the UFC has been pumping out cards every weekend. Joe put in decades with the UFC, but for most of that time they were putting on about an eighth of the number of cards they put on these days, so it could be true - or, yeah, it could be that they consider Joe a different category as commentator
Rogan has called plenty alongside him too, though. Anik is PxP, Rogan is color, my guess is that's the distinction.

I wish people would cite their sources.

I wish people would cite their sources.
My bad, i updated the main thread slightly from Aaron Bronsteter.

They said it at the top of the UFC 301 broadcast, sadly i couldnt find the actual clip. :/

My bad, i updated the main thread slightly from Aaron Bronsteter.

They said it at the top of the UFC 301 broadcast, sadly i couldnt find the actual clip. :/
Oh hah I actually meant MMA Orbit or whomever stole the stat that...spoiler alert, I put together and posted on social media. A bunch of people including Bronsteter for some reason misinterpreted it even though I was quite clear what the record was: Most UFC fights called on PBP, passing Goldie. Not most events, not most fights called overall.

Much respect. Took me time to adjust to not hearing Goldie. But as time went on, I grew to appreciate his professionalism, and eventually his valid sport knowledge.

Anik and his brother are actually pretty fucking cool. Glad the UFC pulled him into the fold.

Thread title says PPV but this is for events total? I believe it if it's overall since the UFC does way more events these days than in the past.

And yet I can't recall memorable moments with him but good ol Mike Goldberg I remember sooo many iconic moments. Quality not quantity.

Oh hah I actually meant MMA Orbit or whomever stole the stat that...spoiler alert, I put together and posted on social media. A bunch of people including Bronsteter for some reason misinterpreted it even though I was quite clear what the record was: Most UFC fights called on PBP, passing Goldie. Not most events, not most fights called overall.
Oh now it's more clear...... But like...... Why keep track of that? Lol. I understand being on the mic as a whole but why bother keeping record of play by play vs color vs whatever? Seems odd to me. Baseball level stats.

And yet I can't recall memorable moments with him but good ol Mike Goldberg I remember sooo many iconic moments. Quality not quantity.
His "Not The Cloth He's Cut" Leon Edwards call right before he KO's Usman is pretty iconic.

Oh now it's more clear...... But like...... Why keep track of that? Lol. I understand being on the mic as a whole but why bother keeping record of play by play vs color vs whatever? Seems odd to me. Baseball level stats.
Well I just keep the specific lineups of each event. Like PBP Anik, Color Rogan, Secondary Color DC, Post-fight Interviews Rogan, Announcer Buffer. So it's really easy to tabulate.

They have to be splitting hairs like color vs play by play, something. Joe's been in there like almost 3 decades lol.
Yeah but Joe did it at a time when there were only one or two cards a month. Anik is doing it on a weekly basis and Joe has only showed up for select events for the last few years now

Back