Joker train scene, do you think Arthur went too far [...]? *Warning: Spoilers

I guess I am in the minority here thinking that movie overall was just meh.

I cheered for him during all his kills except his mom.

giphy-downsized.gif

Obviously, he overreacted. Yes, you can sympathize or fantasize, but I mean... He killed three people ffs.

You can empathize with Arthur being bulled and him being a bit triggered/unhinged you could see what he did as justified. But at the same time he went way to far and took it overboard and there are a lot of unhinged people out there with guns. So what he did was wrong. I wanted those punks fucked up too but shooting them execution style was fucked up.

Maybe a couple of kneecaps to 'em all would be good vigilante justice. Batman/Pattinson should show Arthur the way like in the Telltale games lol..

I've already seen Joker a long time ago but my girl saw it for the first time last night

When I saw this scene for the first time, I was heated. I wanted to jump into the screen and knock out some white boys. I was cheering as he shot those guys and cheered when he ran after the last one and killed him on the stairs

my girl though felt the opposite. She thought he was psychotic even on the first shot when it was clearly self defense. Pissed me the fuck off but she's young and is into some SJW shit.

This scene:

So, just for clarification, if these guys were any race other than white, would you have still wanted to see them die?

Hit on girl, failed. Guy laughs at them, they react. Guy eggs them on and gets what he was asking for, a shit kicking. Guy is a shitty guy, he provoked the reaction then shot them for doing what was expected of them
Lolwut? What kind of cowardly sociopath would think Arthur's actions warranted a group beatdown

Self defense law the first is justified for sure and 2nd was in heat of the moment. With stand your ground possibly the 3rd

The 3rd is not but under stand your ground and with no cameras or witnesses. Dead men tell no tales so he could be let off.
Even under "stand your ground," I don't believe the third would have been justified. He was executed while unarmed, had already been shot at least twice, and was face down.

The first two were self-defense (in my layman point of view).

I guess I am in the minority here thinking that movie overall was just meh.
The movie is great, but it didn't do Joker's character justice imo. Arthur is just too much of an incompetent dumbass to be Joker.

When watching the movie, I remember feeling satisfaction that the joker killed the three assholes on the train.

If this was real life and the same situation unfolded, I would be horrified. There are multiple ways that could have played out where you don't have to kill anyone, much less three people. Fire a warning shot, or even pulling the gun out would get most people to freeze.

But, as other posters mentioned, in that moment of fight or flight, most people would struggle to think rationally and control their emotions.
My thoughts exactly on the scene itself.

Obviously, he overreacted. Yes, you can sympathize or fantasize, but I mean... He killed three people ffs.
He overreacted? They were beating the shit out of him.

It depends what you think is fair. If you get punched in the face or beat up. Is it fine to take a life after that? Maybe the first shooting is fine but the 2nd or 3rd might be too much.

If it's fine then our friend Versez will be killing natives every Sunday.

Probably has something to do with amazon prime having the joker on the streaming service.
<BC1>

I just watched it because it was available and searched old threads for a view on that.

BTW I found Joaquin Phenix performance unbelievable, but it was not an easy watch.

I notice that when movies need "easy targets" that they don't want the audience to care about they'll just make them rapists... preferably white, preppy, trust fund brat types. They did the same thing in The Equalizer (can't remember which one) when they needed to give Denzel an excuse to kick someone's ass.

Yep thats hollywood even in the "good" movies like this. They bath in cliche and detach actions and motivatons completely intending the audience to feel sorry with cheap sobbing scenes or "villains" for a psychotic murderer running rampant because mommy wasnt nice or bad bad society like in Joker.

Its this amorality to the max that really destroys simple minded peoples perception of right and wrong and it has this hateful mass murdering philosohpy of if you think you are the good guy or are being slighted you are basically allowed to mass murder, torture..etc and we will support you.
Its in the new Star Wars movies..etc and the reason for that doesnt even have to be facts. Its just enough that you know / are enlightened.

Its disturbing to say the least and part of near any movie nowadays in the US released.

The Joker is a pretentious piece of trash to enjoy being voyeur to all this violence feeling righteous. Its the american disease.

Third one would catch him a murder charge in any state. You aren't allowed to chase down a fleeing man and shoot him, even if he partook in assaulting you earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back