joining a bjj/mma gym in central Florida

special_k

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I just moved to St. Cloud, which is just South of Orlando. There is a bjj gym in town that also has boxing, Robson Moura's place. There is also a Gracie Barra in Kissimmee which is a town or two over, 20-30 minute drive away, and an ATT Blackbox right there as well.

The schedules for the Gracie and ATT places seem better. They offer more classes and more disciplines. ATT even offers just about everything for only $100/month, which is so inexpensive from what I'm used to it's suspicious. Gracie Barra and Robson Moura's places don't have prices online, as usual.

I primarily want a good bjj gym, but like to train striking as well, and anything on top of that (facilities for weight training or w/e) is a bonus that is relatively unimportant. So my priorities are like 1) good bjj training 2) good people/atmosphere/community, not assholes 3) good striking training 4) nice facilities

Anyone in the area or familiar with those places? All advice appreciated, thanks.

Not familiar with any of them, but it wasn't too long ago that Ricardo Liborio moved to Orlando, so if he's teaching BJJ at that ATT I'd probably go there. Are you anywhere near Bruno Malfacine's place? That would also be great for pure BJJ.

Not familiar with any of them, but it wasn't too long ago that Ricardo Liborio moved to Orlando, so if he's teaching BJJ at that ATT I'd probably go there. Are you anywhere near Bruno Malfacine's place? That would also be great for pure BJJ.

All I see about Liborio is that he was teaching at Miami, if he moved to Orlando then he may be at an ATT spot there or the Kissimmee one. Malfacine's place is on the other side of Orlando, not ideal. I'm in the Southern suburbs of Orlando and would rather not have to pass through the city proper.

All I see about Liborio is that he was teaching at Miami, if he moved to Orlando then he may be at an ATT spot there or the Kissimmee one. Malfacine's place is on the other side of Orlando, not ideal. I'm in the Southern suburbs of Orlando and would rather not have to pass through the city proper.

I know Liborio was moving to Orlando as there were better resources there for his blind daughter. Not sure if he teaches there or not though, that's why I'd definitely check up on it before signing up.

Back