Johny Hendricks downfall is not related to usada.and theres no pre usda hendricks

Pre usada Hendricks threw leg kicks as fast and dynamic as a K1 striker, slipped punches like a top level boxer, didn't gas (badly...he did vs Robbie but gained a second wind and won the last round in their fight..), had tremendous punching power and accuracy as well as iron chin and will. He did all this vs the best and most consistent fighter in mma history and finished other top level fighters in minutes. People gave shit for him because Kos fight was close but Kos was also p4p great kinda guy back then.

The real difference is his decline in footspeed. If you look at his most notable knockouts(Fitch & Kampman) he did it by closing the distance so fast that they didn't even know what hit them.

What caused that decline in footspeed so quickly isn't that hard to figure out. I love Johnny, one of my all time favorites, but his bad habbits caught up to him.

Also TS doesn't know what he's talking about. Big Rig had a lot more than just that left hand. His fights against Lawler evolved him into a combination machine with great cardio.

He's a yo-yo dieter. Let his walking weight get too high and began dieting too late. Each time he did it, his body composition - and performances - worsened.

The myth of the so called evolution continues. I agree there isn’t any real difference outside of maybe Hendricks work ethic but I’m tired of hearing evolution as if we’re seeing this new breed of fighter far different from what we saw just a few years ago. We aren’t.

He just was never that great and he never beat GSP.

There’s a couple big fights he won that he should’ve lost.

For example, Koscheck and Condit should’ve won. Condit lost due to flawed priorities in judging. He whooped Hendricks on the feet and he whooped Hendricks off his back.

Robbie Lawler probably should’ve won their first fight. I’ll discount the MW fights since he’s too stout for the division.

He has power and good wrestling. His inability to continue making 170 put him in a division he can’t compete in because he’s heavy but too small.

Condit didn't deserve that decision. The first Lawler fight was pretty clear, too. If anything, it was Hendricks who was on the wrong end of a decision in the rematch.

Back