Johnny Walker vs Gian Villante

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am not always sold on the fights that sherdog says to make after events.

My pick for Johnny Walker.. Gian Villante. A gift from the just bleed gods.
It's a good next step in my eyes for J-Walk. Villante is a little bit of a biggert name
than Roundtree was as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Makes more sense than some of the names people been throwing around.

I've always thought Villante's a tad overrated. Once Johnny gets that Mai Thai clinch locked in, game over.

<Wenger85>

I've always thought Villante is a tad overrated. Once Johnny gets that Mai Thai clinch locked in, game over.

<Wenger85>

Is he overrated? He is a gatekeeper at best in my eyes. I like watching him fight and he seems like a genuinely good dude none the less.

I'd rather he face a top 5 opponent ASAP

I am not always sold on the fights that sherdog says to make after events.

My pick for Johnny Walker.. Gian Villante. A gift from the just bleed gods.
It's a good next step in my eyes for J-Walk. Villante is a little bit of a biggert name
than Roundtree was as well.

Thoughts?

johnny-walker-khalil-rountree-ufc-fight-night-140-1.jpg

Is he overrated? He is a gatekeeper at best in my eyes. I like watching him fight and he seems like a genuinely good dude none the less.

There was a time when he was coming up the ranks and people were taking notice. He stunk out the joint on a few occasions with his Macgregor level stamina too.

Based on today's performance, Johnny would pummel the shit out of any version of Gian. Not sure why you'd enjoy that fight unless you want to see a body get caught.

There was a time when he was coming up the ranks and people were taking notice. He stunk out the joint on a few occasions with his Macgregor level stamina too.

Based on today's performance, Johnny would pummel the shit out of any version of Gian. Not sure why you'd enjoy that fight unless you want to see a body get caught.

Gian is tough to put away and still has some decent wins on his record

My god that could be an insane war. Nice call

Gian is tough to put away and still has some decent wins on his record

I dont think his resume will mean much in a fight today, considering he lost to Sam Alvey only a few months back. Plus, he gets wobbled and dropped all the time.

dEM13xY6N8yXQ4q30MebxxVS3XqBtICNbDfqXn0jmF4sXy6bBm50cx_P-WmuCgz6gh2_NbzFuloPSCe5QmxV1D6qQVBEZdC8gYJTjm0=w499-h223-nc

BogusCourageousBufflehead-size_restricted.gif

Villante’s lucky to still be on the roster after his recent performances.

Walker ends him and his UFC run.

This is the perfect next fight.

Everybody was high on Khalil because he knocked out Saki but forget his was 2-2 before that not including a loss to another short notice debutee that was later overturned.

Yeah Johnny looked good tonight but people need to stop pretending it was against somebody special.

Gillante is another guy who will bang with him, is a guy he will probably but not certainly beat, and has name value.

Book it, great matchmaking TS.

Can't wait till people start posting Walkers KO losses to calm down this silly hypetrain.

I dont think his resume will mean much in a fight today, considering he lost to Sam Alvey only a few months back. Plus, he gets wobbled and dropped all the time.

dEM13xY6N8yXQ4q30MebxxVS3XqBtICNbDfqXn0jmF4sXy6bBm50cx_P-WmuCgz6gh2_NbzFuloPSCe5QmxV1D6qQVBEZdC8gYJTjm0=w499-h223-nc

BogusCourageousBufflehead-size_restricted.gif

I'm not goig to try and say Sams a world beater or anything, but the guy is 10-6 in the UFC with six finishes. Losing to him shouldn't be a scarlet letter either.

Gillante is a solid middle of the pack guy in a crappy weightclass, and makes sense for a fighter that just made a good first impression.

This is the perfect next fight.

Everybody was high on Khalil because he knocked out Saki but forget his was 2-2 before that not including a loss to another short notice debutee that was later overturned.

Yeah Johnny looked good tonight but people need to stop pretending it was against somebody special.

Gillante is another guy who will bang with him, is a guy he will probably but not certainly beat, and has name value.

Book it, great matchmaking TS.

nobody thinks Roundtree is special, but for a first fight he's definitely dangerous.

he's big, powerful, and explosive as hell.

Walker manhandled him in every aspect of the fight and completely nullified Roundtree's weapons.

in my opinion Roundtree would most likely murder Gian "throw 1 punch a minute" Villante. Villante is a slow, plodding big guy. he fights like he's a HW and has the gas tank to match. the only real thing Villante has going for him is he's pretty huge at LHW, other than that, he's not particularly a hard hitter or anything else besides big.

Tom Lawlor knocked him out and Sam Alvey hurt him. these guys were former MWs.

I'm not goig to try and say Sams a world beater or anything, but the guy is 10-6 in the UFC with six finishes. Losing to him shouldn't be a scarlet letter either.

Gillante is a solid middle of the pack guy in a crappy weightclass, and makes sense for a fighter that just made a good first impression.

I understand you point completely and it wasn't meant to be disrespectful but Roundtree Jr is a much much classier and dangerous fighter. Walker ate a clean punch with his chin in the air during the Edmund Clinch like it was nothing.

In the modern age of fighting, Gian's size and build isn't suited to light heavyweight and Walker looks like a giant. He would do serious damage on a Gian, who imo is a few steps below the guy he just destroyed.

I don't hate fighters usually, but Villante is one of the few. I just can't stand poor IQ. He is the embodyment if this. He is also slow footed, gasses easy, very hittable. His saving grace is that he can't be taken down (easy) and have good chin (which is slowly turning into dust with each asswhooping he takes).

It would be IQ test for Walker. Can you beat a lot older, less athletic, shopworn fighter who is on top of that a punching bag? I think he passed the Khalil test. He did not lead with some naked kicks that can be countered or some other low percentage thing. So I think he is good enough to beat the very bottom of the LHW. Let's step it up a notch. Villante is better than Khalil, but not by much.

Back