3. The Good The Bad & The Ugly
4. Hang Em High
5. Paint Your Wagon
6. 2 Mules For Sister Sara
7. High Plains Drifter
8. The Outlaw Josey Wales
9. Pale Rider
10. Unforgiven

john for sure.eldorado rio bravo and many others. clint are more of spaghetti(which are good too) westerr

john for sure.eldorado rio bravo and many others. clint are more of spaghetti(which are good too) westerr

I would argue spaghetti westerns > every western during that time and the time prior. Overall it's westerns but the spaghetti western era was the best era overall for westerns imo Leone's 3 best being better than any western at that time and even now.

In westerns?

Not even close. Wayne's western filmography blows Eastwood's away. Curb stomping. Apart from his spaghetti westerns Eastwood's westerns before Unforgiven already feel terribly dated. They haven't aged well. Almost all of Wayne's shine as brightly as the day they were released.

Overall, as artists, Eastwood is obviously the greater filmmaker.

Almost all of Wayne's shine as brightly as the day they were released.

Idk there's a lot of white guys wearing brown make up playing indians in his lol

Personally my fav Wayne Western is The Shootist which was also his last. I would even say it's a top 3 western of the 70s, maybe even #2 right behind Blazing Saddles.

I'm not sure what your big gripe is with Unforgiven, it's still a classic and his 3rd best western imo

Idk there's a lot of white guys wearing brown make up playing indians in his lol

Personally my fav Wayne Western is The Shootist which was also his last. I would even say it's a top 3 western of the 70s, maybe even #2 right behind Blazing Saddles.

I'm not sure what your big gripe is with Unforgiven, it's still a classic and his 3rd best western imo
we talk about movies not about who should play who in a movies. and clint from fist full of dollars to others were more of perseption of what cowboys were macho and few words and just not relatable to wthat cowboy is and was while john wayne movies were going deep into everydy cowboy life

As someone who likes the majority of Eastwoods work I have to go Wayne for the same reason as @fica.
If any of you have a projector with a large screen I highly recommend The Searchers. Bit of an odd one but looks amazing in 4K on a huge screen.

Wayne was the epitome of his time in Western movies. Clint was ahead of his time

I haven't even seen but a couple of John Wayne movies, he's more an icon and legend who you hear about. Clint actually is someone who had consistently good to great movies in my lifetime.

And.., as most older guys don't like the young upstart, Wayne had no use for Clint, I think he said something about gratuitous violence or somesuch, but it was most likely just ego and jealousy. Ironically, Clint did seem to change from the dirty harry, violent cowboy to the mellow older man that maybe even John Wayne could have approved of.

I still want them to remove John Waynes name from my local airport. Too bad he never experienced real tribal warfare with a Tomahawk to the skull.

Wayne was the epitome of his time in Western movies. Clint was ahead of his time
John Wayne didn't do any of the directing did he? Both were accused of no acting ability but both had obvious presence but for me, Clint and his creative work is what's most impressive and he showed no signs of slowing down all the way up to today where he just now says he's ready to quit;we'll see.

Back