john olav einemo?

gracie_barra**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
is this guy the most underranked grappler of all time ? i read in an interview that hes a blue belt and was a blue belt when he defeated roger and a few guys at adcc in 2003. can anyone confirm this?

He was blue when he placed 4th in 2001. He was purple when he won by choking out Cacareco in the finals in 2003. He was a brown when he again placed 4th in 2005.

Oh yeah, and he won the Mundial Absolute Blue class in 2001 too, a good achievement in its own right.

Just to bump this, I had no idea what an amazing grappler this guy was till I watched his fight with Werdum and they started talking about his grappling credentials. He never did too shit hot in MMA, but was clearly a monster grappler back in his prime. I take it he beat Gracie on points?

Just to bump this, I had no idea what an amazing grappler this guy was till I watched his fight with Werdum and they started talking about his grappling credentials. He never did too shit hot in MMA, but was clearly a monster grappler back in his prime. I take it he beat Gracie on points?
Yeah, pretty sure on points. I watched Roger get him back in a superfight at ADCC 2007. Roger won decisively on points. Still fun to watch, though, and if I remember correctly Jon was a last-minute replacement for Jeff Monson.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back