John Lee, anyone heard of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Joe Rogan praises John Lee as the hardest kicker he's ever seen.
He's the one who taught Joe his infamous turning side kick. Joe says if anyone thinks he kicks hard, they haven't seen shit until they see John Lee.
That says a lot considering Joe is p4p one of the hardest kickers I've ever seen.

Curious if anyone else knows about the myth, the legend, of John Lee?

nah, it was some black guy that had jerry curls.
The whole story started on his latest fight companion.
Joe was apparently a big baseball player when he was in his teens.
Did a little bit of mcdojo Karate and didn't care much for it. Once he saw John Lee his whole perception of martial arts changed.
He witness John Lee murder a heavy bag like no one he's ever seen before.
This is when Joe got obsessed and started training Tae Kwon Do. John Lee became Joe's mentor/master and taught him many of his famous moves.

Did a little bit of mcdojo Karate and didn't care much for it. Once he saw John Lee his whole perception of martial arts changed.
This is when Joe got obsessed and started training Tae Kwon Do. John Lee became Joe's mentor/master and taught him many of his famous moves.

Rings a bell. This must have been in the late 80's but I still can't find anything on a guy with the name.

Neither can I.
I couldn't find anything about him on the interwebs. The way Joe talks about him, its like he's some ancient grandmaster with techniques today's fighters wouldn't be able to comprehend.

Rogan also said Rob Kaman was "for sure the best Kickboxer ever".

He can throw some cool Tae Kwon do kicks but I don't think he knows much about striking, he's way more knowledgeable about BJJ.

Rogan also said Rob Kaman was "for sure the best Kickboxer ever".

He can throw some cool Tae Kwon do kicks but I don't think he knows much about striking, he's way more knowledgeable about BJJ.

LOL...i just hate when he use that exact wording. "FOOUR SHOOUW" Typical Rogan.

This reminds me that I have not seen the latest JRE Fight Companion.

Last edited:

Joe has told this story a couple times..........do you eve JRE bro

Joe has told this story a couple times..........do you eve JRE bro

yah I've heard him talk about him before but always tells the same story.
I'd be interested into seeing where he's at now and what became of him. Should have him on the JRE podcast for sure.

Joe Rogan praises John Lee as the hardest kicker he's ever seen.
He's the one who taught Joe his infamous turning side kick. Joe says if anyone thinks he kicks hard, they haven't seen shit until they see John Lee.
That says a lot considering Joe is p4p one of the hardest kickers I've ever seen.

Curious if anyone else knows about the myth, the legend, of John Lee?
Hello, Joe Rogan,
im from Chelsea, the home town of John Lee,
i would have never responded to this, but when you mentioned that he has a hard kick. It stuck to me and thats how i struck up a conversation with John Lee at Wapole State pirson, where Mr Lee had head phones on and he was literally throwing high kick at the basketball hoop pole in the yard about the spring of 2013. I have so many stories. write back to me.

Hello, Joe Rogan,
im from Chelsea, the home town of John Lee,
i would have never responded to this, but when you mentioned that he has a hard kick. It stuck to me and thats how i struck up a conversation with John Lee at Wapole State pirson, where Mr Lee had head phones on and he was literally throwing high kick at the basketball hoop pole in the yard about the spring of 2013. I have so many stories. write back to me.
1/10

He mentioned it again!

Who is this guy?

I know but what does he look like. Rogan mentioned it a day ago and the way described him was like describing a fucking dragonball character. He went on and on with his incredible power and speed, his feints as well as his ability to endure and being some street fighting god who came from a terrible neighborhood and having superb mastery of Taekwondo and Karate since he was owning everyone in karate tournaments.

Lol

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/attn-joe-rogan-tell-your-best-john-lee-story/1710486

He was the guy that taught me the turning side kick. When I first went to Jae Kim's Tae Kwon Do I was dropping in to check out the school and he was working out. He was training for the National championship at the time. He went on to take the Gold in the Nationals and represented the US at that world championships in Denmark and took a bronze there.
That dude was kicking the bag so fucking hard that I was immediately hooked on training there.
I had never seen anything like it.
I fought on the same team as him in many tournaments, and regardless of what was going on when John Lee was fighting everyone came over to watch. He was tricky as fuck, and he kicked like a wild horse. I saw many a man get hit by his turning side kick and sent sailing through the air, collapsing in a heap of agony. Dude was a bad motherfucker.

Lol

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/attn-joe-rogan-tell-your-best-john-lee-story/1710486

He was the guy that taught me the turning side kick. When I first went to Jae Kim's Tae Kwon Do I was dropping in to check out the school and he was working out. He was training for the National championship at the time. He went on to take the Gold in the Nationals and represented the US at that world championships in Denmark and took a bronze there.
That dude was kicking the bag so fucking hard that I was immediately hooked on training there.
I had never seen anything like it.
I fought on the same team as him in many tournaments, and regardless of what was going on when John Lee was fighting everyone came over to watch. He was tricky as fuck, and he kicked like a wild horse. I saw many a man get hit by his turning side kick and sent sailing through the air, collapsing in a heap of agony. Dude was a bad motherfucker.

This was from 2010 and yet he mentioned it a day ago. This time he was much more detailed when he was talking to Danaher. He talked about how John Lee changed his entire life. He got done playing baseball and roamed around. Not expecting anything, he went to check out the Taekwondo place and there he saw John Lee kicking the bag and Joe wanted to be John Lee.

To that end, he quit playing baseball for good and dedicated his life to Taekwondo. After a year of training, he started to teach taekwondo because he was training 7 days a week non stop due to his obsession. He would wake up in middle of the night and throw kicks in the air despite being half sleep walking. Ultimately, a taekwondo buddy told him to try comedy since he was making his TKD buddies laugh. Then he became a comedian and successful.

All and all, he became a famous comedian/Commentator because of Taekwondo and then he started podcasting which led to him becoming super famous. His success comes down to meeting John Lee through a chance encounter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back