Joe Smith vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk next

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
American White destroys Exotic White imo

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017...lvarez-step-aside-order-smith-v-gvozdyk-for-2

WBC agree Stevenson-Alvarez step aside, order Smith v Gvozdyk for #2

The WBC light heavyweight division has not had a mandatory defense in a prolonged period of time but for reasons outside the control of our champion , consequently the WBC has decided to order a final elimination bout between WBC International champion Joe Smith vs the NABF champion Oleksandr Gvozdyk with the winner becoming a second mandatory contender of the division .

Wow, that seems like a really bad fight for Smith .

Wow, that seems like a really bad fight for Smith .
you think so?
Gvozdyk or however you spell it, is the better technician but this cat Joe Smith has about as much punching power as your going to find at 175

I think its a great fight, ill definitely be tuning in

Second mandatory? Is Stevenson ever going to start fighting the guys that people actually want to see?

Quality fight. I still don't think there is a lot of craft behind what Smith does, but he can bomb.

I'll take Gvozdyk by early to mid rounds stoppage. He's much more athletic, has good power in either hand (really stiff jab) and is a good out boxer.

Gvozdyk might tame him with the jab. X factor is Gvozdyk's chin.

I think Smith has his work cut out for him. He is game, and has a good punch and has proved a few people wrong in his past few fights (wasn't he the underdog in a few?).

Gwvodszyk (spelling?) has some skill. I only just saw him last weekend, but I think he has promise. I'll have to rewatch the fight as I was in and out of the room (damn kids...).

Gak gonna end Smith's run at LHW. Gak looks tp be the real deal with his speed and sharpness. Can't wait.

you think so?
Gvozdyk or however you spell it, is the better technician but this cat Joe Smith has about as much punching power as your going to find at 175

I think its a great fight, ill definitely be tuning in
When a primitive brawler meets a great technician, things usually go poorly for the brawler.

Gvodzyk was the only fighter on last weeks card that really impressed IMO. That guy is a handful for anyone at the weight.

Gvodzyk will light up Smith and take him apart. It's not a good match up for Smith as Gvodzyk not only has sharp boxing but as he showed he has fight ending power too.

If this actually happens it will probably be really good while it lasts.

I want to see Gvozdyk vs. Beterbiev

Back